Bystander Comments on Your VFFs and Barefooting

I'ld say this could grow into a worthy topic, we all get comments almost daily wearing VFF's. Let's kick it off:

"Hey, it's not a swimming pool here!"  (wearing Flows)

Dirk

Comments

• lots of comments in my first vff race last november - best was a guy coming from behind me who shouted - "dude you forgot your shoes!"

never had any negative reactions - just of interest and / or humor
  • Q: What kind of arch support do those have?

A: My arches you silly man!
  • Q: What do you do in THOSE?
    A: What do you do in YOUR shoes?
  • Q: Are they comfortable?
    A: (In my head, before I actually answer the question) No, they feel like acid-dipped knives poking into my soul through my soles.
  • Q: Where do you wear those?

A: Everywhere, Duh!
  • the most basic, but I get i all the time...

Q: What are those?
    A: Um... Shoes.
    Q: So like water shoes?
    A: No like shoes.
  • "Daddy, his shoes have toes."
    -Little boy at a local pool where my kids take swimming lessons

• Person wearing flip flops regarding my VFFs: Aren't you afraid of getting stepped on?
  • "nice! you have the frog feet!"
  • on 1265159344:

"nice! you have the frog feet!"

Now guess where this came from
    Human Frog
  • Just got my VFF KSOs and on my second run on the street with my Ipod on I was amazed at the lack of pain in my knees so I said to myself...or what I thought was to myself but with the Ipod in I said way way to loud!

Me: "man I LOVE my five fingers"

Random guy walking next to me: "Hell Ya Man!! Screw girls, you can take care of it all on your own!"

I couldn't stop laughing the rest of the run!!!  ;D
  • on 1265378387:

Just got my VFF KSOs and on my second run on the street with my Ipod on I was amazed at the lack of pain in my knees so I said to myself...or what I thought was to myself but with the Ipod in I said way way to loud!

Random guy walking next to me: "Hell Ya Man!! Screw girls, you can take care of it all on your own!"

We have a winner. LOL  ;D
  • on 1265378387:

Just got my VFF KSOs and on my second run on the street with my Ipod on I was amazed at the lack of pain in my knees so I said to myself...or what I thought was to myself but with the Ipod in I said way way to loud!

That is hilarious!
  • I saw that one coming actually. Also nice if you talk to ppl about the blisters you get from working out with FiveFingers.
  • on 1265415894:

I saw that one coming actually. Also nice if you take to ppl about the blisters you get from working out with FiveFingers.

Haha, the blisters haven't started yet. I guess I'm just not working hard enough
  • "Are they meant as a joke?"
  • "I bet those are really great for playing tag in the dark."

???

(I mean, they would be, but how random a comment is that?)
  • I get a lot of interesting looks from people on campus... especially now that it's cold. I was walking (with my iPod in) over a little patch of snow and leaving some awesome footprints when all of the sudden I hear (over the noise of the music) "What the (expletive) are those?!?!" I naturally assumed that the voice was speaking to me, and when I turned around there was a group of people at a bus stop staring at my feet. Unfortunately I was running late for class so I couldn't stop and give a full explanation. All they got was "Shoes!" as I hurried on to class.

Go Big Orange
  • on 1265378387:

Wow!  That's great.  My wife's going to crack up when I tell her this.
  • Not a quote exactly, but certainly memorable...

Today I was walking back from university and passed a group of small children (school party of some sort, at a guess) walking the other way. One little boy stopped in his tracks, looked at my feet with utter bewilderment on his face as I walked past... and then burst into tears.

Shoes so awesome they MAKE SMALL CHILDREN CRY. Heck yeah.
  • on 1266289173:

Not a quote exactly, but certainly memorable...

Today I was walking back from university and passed a group of small children (school party of some sort, at a guess) walking the other way. One little boy stopped in his tracks, looked at my feet with utter bewilderment on his face as I walked past... and then burst into tears.

Shoes so awesome they MAKE SMALL CHILDREN CRY. Heck yeah.

LOL. Awesome.  ;D

Maybe he was jealous?
  • A friend looked at my green/gray KSO's and deadpanned:

"HULK SMASH!"
  • My wife just got her KSO's in today and someone asked her "what do those do?"... Hilarious!
  • on 1266340645:

A friend looked at my green/gray KSO's and deadpanned:

"HULK SMASH!"

LOL, that's a classics too.  ;D
  • on 1266345241:

My wife just got her KSO's in today and someone asked her "what do those do?"... Hilarious!

I've had people ask me the same thing. It's hard to answer.  :D