vivo barefoot evos...

just got an email offer for an 'early' online purchase - they cost $160 :o

too bad - would loved to have given them a try but i could buy 2 pair vff for that price - i love my dharmas and i am considering a root or aqua purchase from terra plana - but cant think the evos offer enough @160 to warrant consideration

Comments

• on 1266941073:

just got an email offer for an 'early' online purchase - they cost $160 :o

too bad - would loved to have given them a try but i could buy 2 pair vff for that price - i love my dharmas and i am considering a root or aqua purchase from terra plana - but cant think the evos offer enough @160 to warrant consideration

Eh TP is grossly overpriced so nothing new there. Isn't the aqua $150 anyway? What's $10 more?
  • different use for the shoes with the aqua or root - they could be used as casual shoes as i use dharmas for work - the evos are clearly a running shoe for which my vffs already serve me quite well
  • on 1266941683:

different use for the shoes with the aqua or root - they could be used as casual shoes as i use dharmas for work - the evos are clearly a running shoe for which my vffs already serve me quite well

You sir have a minimalist shoe fetish.  :P
  • I wonder if the bdayshoes coupon TP gave me would work on the EVO - that'd make it only 112 right?
  • I got the email as well... Mine should be here in two days  ;D I'm a sucker, I know...
  • I can't find the Evo's for purchase by going to their site, I have to click on the link the email gave me. This is what the email said:

"FOR ONE WEEK ONLY

The Evo is only available for early online purchase until March 1st, 2010.

Look for them to be available again with the official launch of our Spring/Summer 2010 collection."
  • on 1266945959:

I wonder if the bdayshoes coupon TP gave me would work on the EVO - that'd make it only 112 right?

good question - but still too much considering ksos are 85$
  • on 1266946026:

I got the email as well... Mine should be here in two days  ;D I'm a sucker, I know...

you go alan - hit us up w that review
  • I got an email as well, from my local trail running group. I do think they look nice, though.
  • they do look nice - if i had the extra dough it would be a no brainer - would love to have them in the collection - but since i dont i have to be selective as to my next minimalist purchase - honestly - 3 pair of kso and 1 treks - i got the running shoes covered for now unless i see a good deal or a MUST HAVE item - but in the casual area - i am still looking around - if those evos were under 100 i would prob pull the trigger - 160 - wooh - i wonder how much the bikilas are going for
  • Damnit! They are already sold out of my size.  >:(
    Why does everyone have to have the same size foot as me?
  • on 1266957194:

they do look nice - if i had the extra dough it would be a no brainer - would love to have them in the collection - but since i dont i have to be selective as to my next minimalist purchase - honestly - 3 pair of kso and 1 treks - i got the running shoes covered for now unless i see a good deal or a MUST HAVE item - but in the casual area - i am still looking around - if those evos were under 100 i would prob pull the trigger - 160 - wooh - i wonder how much the bikilas are going for

I think the Biklias were priced to be $115 give or take $10.
  • on 1267022309:

on 1266957194:

they do look nice - if i had the extra dough it would be a no brainer - would love to have them in the collection - but since i dont i have to be selective as to my next minimalist purchase - honestly - 3 pair of kso and 1 treks - i got the running shoes covered for now unless i see a good deal or a MUST HAVE item - but in the casual area - i am still looking around - if those evos were under 100 i would prob pull the trigger - 160 - wooh - i wonder how much the bikilas are going for

really? too high imo
  • on 1267026925:

on 1267022309:

on 1266957194:

really? too high imo

I think the treks are overpriced at $125 since they come unglued. Without competition vibram can set their prices as high as they want and we'll still buy them.
  • Deos anyone know how much they will weight? Over at Runners World, they are talking about 8 ounces per show. That is very heavy for a minimalist shoe, certainly sense the Mizuno Ware Universe are 3.9ounces.

Anyone have the scoop on this?
  • Here is the product description:

"The EVO is designed to be the ultimate minimalist running shoe. The TPU Cage has breathable mesh and lightweight micro fiber reinforcements for maximum breathability and support while only weighing in at 8 ounces.

The updated slim line VivoBarefoot shape and new ultra thin (4mm) soft rubber sole give maximum barefoot performance and response.

The EVO is like running barefoot, but a little bit better.

VivoBarefoot, launched in 2003, is the original barefoot shoe collection with a patented ultra thin puncture resistant sole that allows your feet to be as millions of years of evolutionary design intended - Barefoot!

The EVO is part of this back-to-basics design based on the simple principle that being barefoot is the healthiest way for you and your feet to be.

Protects, Stimulates, Strengthens, Realigns, Improves Health"
  • i would imagine the evo to feel alot like the kso - sole thickness is where its at for me - and the evo no doubt would perform adequately there - but 160$ - oofah - alan - you lucky dawg -what color did u get
  • I went ahead and got the yellow. Tracking number indicates it has arrived here in Utah so I should get it tomorrow! I just plan on using it as a sports shoe for basketball, racquetball, volleyball, etc. I'm still going to use my FF for running and such.

We'll see how I like 'em tomorrow...
  • Well, good news and bad news.

Good news is that the shoe arrived... And a concern I had was that the shoe would be too narrow but that is definitely not the case. It is wide enough so that your feet are not scrunched at all. I have wide feet so that is saying something. Also, the outer mesh is really cool.

The bad news is that I got a size up anticipating it being smaller because that has been my experience with TP. Theeeen I check out their site today and it NOW says this:

"Please Note: The Evo is running true to size. Weight measurements are taken from a single shoe, size 43. With the insole it weighs 8.2 ounces, without the insole it weighs 7.25 ounces."

Sooo, I have to purchase another pair true to size because yes, it is true to size so the ones I have are far too large.

I am going to purchase another pair right now and send my others back. I'm not going to get the yellows again, though. The yellow around the ankle looks bland and Crayola like (weird, I know). So, I'll see how the black ends up being but unfortunately I won't be able to really comment on their performance until next week.
  • on 1267153026:
    "Please Note: The Evo is running true to size. Weight measurements are taken from a single shoe, size 43. With the insole it weighs 8.2 ounces, without the insole it weighs 7.25 ounces."

I presume that is single per shoe? No pair.. If so that is quite heavy for a minimalist shoe.
  • how flexible are the uppers, are they similar to ksos flexibility? is there alot of vertical space in the toe box, or are they quite low? i might get a pair to use instead of ksos for running.
  • The upper is actually pretty flexible. And there is sufficient vertical space in the toe box.

I still have yet to run in the Evo's though because I had to send me first pair back because of sizing issues. I still plan on using the KSO's for running. I'm hoping to use the Evo's for sports like raquetball and soccer.

I eventually want to use the Bikilas as my running shoe instead of the KSO's.
  • Alan, where did you find this info?:

Please Note: The Evo is running true to size. Weight measurements are taken from a single shoe, size 43. With the insole it weighs 8.2 ounces, without the insole it weighs 7.25 ounces.

and

The EVO is designed to be the ultimate minimalist running shoe. The TPU Cage has breathable mesh and lightweight micro fiber reinforcements for maximum breathability and support while only weighing in at 8 ounces.

The updated slim line VivoBarefoot shape and new ultra thin (4mm) soft rubber sole give maximum barefoot performance and response.

• The last week of February, Terra Plana sent an exclusive email out to those had registered for email updates on the Evo's. The description of the shoes was in that email. The note about size was actually on the product description on the order page.

It seems the Evo's are no longer for sale right now because I tried the link I was given previously and now it's doesn't work.

I actually had bad luck in getting the right set of Evo's I want. The yellow was too large because that sizing note was not there the first day they were available when I purchased them. Then, when I ordered another pair in the black color, once I got those I didn't like the look (I'm picky about coloring on shoes, major weakness...) so I ended up sending those back. Unfortunately, the Evo's aren't available for purchase until April I believe so I have to wait until then to get them.

Fuuuun times....