Sprints

Hey all sprint owners. Does the velcro strap on top bother your foot? Have any problems with hot spots or blister because of the strap?

Comments

• Strap hasn't bothered me so far in my testing.  Whatever material is used in the strap keeps it pretty locked down -- it doesn't move around much, which I'm guessing eliminates the potential for blisters there.

Note: I haven't run any long distances in them -- only a mile or two here and there.
  • never had a problem with mine

Jason
  • on 1249573726:

never had a problem with mine

Jason

Same - if it hurts, you may have them on too tight!!
  • I finally got around to trying the sprints on and here's what I found.

I wear 39s in KSOs (my toe is a smidge over 38 according to the red Vibram foot measurer thingie) and found the size 40 sprints to be too big. I had an extra inch of heel. The 39 sprints fit well. I found that I didn't like the two straps in the back and how it made my feet look fat. Also the top strap rubbed the top of my foot a little. I can't wear low cut shoes in general because my feet look like sausage rolls. :-( Sprints are cute, just not on me, looks like I'm a KSO girl.
  • on 1249793253:

I finally got around to trying the sprints on and here's what I found.

I wear 39s in KSOs (my toe is a smidge over 38 according to the red Vibram foot measurer thingie) and found the size 40 sprints to be too big. I had an extra inch of heel. The 39 sprints fit well. I found that I didn't like the two straps in the back and how it made my feet look fat. Also the top strap rubbed the top of my foot a little. I can't wear low cut shoes in general because my feet look like sausage rolls. :-( Sprints are cute, just not on me, looks like I'm a KSO girl.

You tried the Classics yet?  Having spent a good bit of time in KSOs and Classics and what I'd consider to be "enough" time in Sprints, the Classics are, by far, the most comfortable in my experience.
  • I'll proabbly try on the classics today if they have them in my size. My feet tend to look weird in low cut shoes though.
  • on 1250273843:

I'll proabbly try on the classics today if they have them in my size. My feet tend to look weird in low cut shoes though.

yeah I hear you on that one ... I find the classics look weirder from above (the typical way you'd look at your feet) than from a distance (how others see your feet) ... they still look weird, but well, that goes "foot in foot" with VFFs right?

Comfort is key though (and of course, it depends on what you'll need them for).  Everyday VFFs = Classics IMHO.
  • Classics = the flip flop of the vibram world
  • on 1250275520:

Classics = the flip flop of the vibram world

Totally agree -- that's actually how I've referred to them to others.  And if you can master putting them on without hands, they are even more like flip flops ... easy on, easy off.
  • I want a pair of classics, but that $$ is on hold for a Moc, Trek and Bikila
  • Tried the classics on today and didn't like how loose they felt around the arch. I'm spoiled by my KSOs. I also didn't use my hands to put on the classics via "Justin" style. The convenience of easy on/off is nice, but I still prefer the fit of the KSOs. Also the sizing in the sprints doesn't work for me. The 39s are too snug and the 40s too loose. Wish there was a 39.5.  :(
  • Hawkeye
    Comes back to many comments in various posts, would be nice to buy individual sizes. I would like w36 right w37 left.

Jason
  • I've never tried the KSO's but I love the classics. I had one person ask me at like 6 something in the morning how I was awake enough to get those on my feet and I just smiled and said they slide right on :)
  • hey guys & girls..i just picked up a pair of Sprints, and i have a quick question. when i put them on, they are really tight on my heel and actually hurt a little when walking around. i don't feel it as much when i ran around (i ran a quick 2.5 miles today and yesterday) but it does bother me enough to post here.

the question is, is this normal? do i need to move up a size? will they stretch out a little after a bit more wear? the toes fit perfect for what it's worth. btw yes i did loosen the rear-straps and it does help a bit but not much. everything else is great. these are my first VFFs so i'm just wondering how they are supposed to feel.

thanks in advance!
  • I've only had mine for a couple weeks, but I went through about 4 fittings before I found my actual size.  My recommendation would actually be to shoot for a little loose vs uncomfortable tight, as your feet WILL spread out as you wear these.  Oddly enough, the VFF's don't break in...you do.  As your toes spread forward, and your arch/front half of your foot spread, the VFF will fill out.

This is, of course, personal speculation...AND I'm wearing KSO's.