Secret

Not really.  ;)  Just wondering where all the regulars are in the sea of newbies?

Are we now lurking, letting the newbs read the boards and find the answers for themselves?

P.S. I have to buy new VFFs in a smaller size because my feet shrank. :(
I hope I don't have to get another size again in 6 months.

Comments

• #42 here...mostly lurk except when I have something to add (I hope). Know what you mean about sizing. First 2 pair were m42, got 2 pair of treks in 41, now I might need to try on some m40s when the bikila's come out. providing someone local carries them.

/although, now that I look at my post count, probably not so much a 'regular' :/ ... just oldtimer ;)
  • *waves*

(As if I haven't been obvious, driving the welcome wagon all around the boards!)
  • I've actually been contributing more than usual lately.

Anyone else notice that the noobs all seem to want sprints these days? What's the deal with the popularity?
  • on 1269483648:

I've actually been contributing more than usual lately.

Anyone else notice that the noobs all seem to want sprints these days? What's the deal with the popularity?

It's summer and they're probably the only ones in stock.
  • Well most of the topics have been rehashed a few dozen times so I only read the threads that seem current, like stuff on Bikilas. This results in me reading the forum once a week, or thereabouts.
  • I'm dying to get my hands on a pair
  • I'm watching you, old folk  :o
  • Just snowed under trying to maintain the site and make it more ideally functional ... i.e. fixing some layout problems, cleaning up categories, cleaning up interface, trying to make the site speedier, investigating better mailing options, etc. etc.!
  • on 1269552344:

Just snowed under trying to maintain the site and make it more ideally functional ... i.e. fixing some layout problems, cleaning up categories, cleaning up interface, trying to make the site speedier, investigating better mailing options, etc. etc.!

I guess as the site grows you need some help doing some shores on the site by regulars, only problem is that the regulars are snowed in their own blogs and stuff I bet :P
  • I'm on the "VFF and Barefoot Running" thread. Not much else, I'm afraid, because I'm... running.

Alan
  • I'm still here too! I've been trying more barefoot now its warmer weather in Scotland.
    Its just as well, as my right KSO is getting thin in the sole, 0.2mm in some places :-\ I'll get some pics when they break through.
  • on 1269652861:

I'm still here too! I've been trying more barefoot now its warmer weather in Scotland.
    Its just as well, as my right KSO is getting thin in the sole, 0.2mm in some places :-\ I'll get some pics when they break through.

http://barefootted.com/labels/skateboarding.html
    Have a look at friday, june06, 2008 maybe that can fix your thin sole problem.
  • on 1269490867:

Well most of the topics have been rehashed a few dozen times so I only read the threads that seem current, like stuff on Bikilas. This results in me reading the forum once a week, or thereabouts.

I hear that, there are many blister on arch threads these days, though I am glad to see someone must have searched and brought up my thread from October, ah the memories....

• on 1269473430:

Not really.  ;)  Just wondering where all the regulars are in the sea of newbies?

Are we now lurking, letting the newbs read the boards and find the answers for themselves?

P.S. I have to buy new VFFs in a smaller size because my feet shrank. :(
    I hope I don't have to get another size again in 6 months.

I think I experienced the same problem.  Not sure if the Vibram site is wrong with sizing up or the big red foot is telling people what size they would be in sprints or classics.  Meaning I would have to size down for the KSOs or Flows.  I have been dying to try on a pair of KSOs M39.  I haven't been able to find any at my local store.  I moved from a M41 sprint and classic to a M40 in both.  I guess I could always try a W40 KSO if a M39 is not available.  I have also tried a W41 and it fit well I just didn't find the color acceptable.  I also don't think I am ready to own multiple pairs of the same model.  The only model I am lacking at the moment is the Mocs, which I will probably never buy unless they are under $50.
  • on 1270058309:

Not sure if the Vibram site is wrong with sizing up or the big red foot is telling people what size they would be in sprints or classics. 

The big red foot has long been replaced by blue (mens) and purple (womens) feet. The new feet list two sizes on each line, one for Sprints/Classics and one for KSO/Flow/Trek (and hopefully Bikila).

Yeah, I lurk more than anything. Sorry but I don't see much point answering a question posted on page 95 of a thread that already had the answer posted on page 1, 5, 10, 20,... Maybe I'm getting old? I don't really have any questions left I need answered myself (except where the h#!! are the Bikilas!).
  • I should probably tell my local store this information.  They only have the big red foot.  I did an experiment and had my coworker try on my 40 KSO treks (he wears my old 41 classics and 41 KSOs).  He was not able to get them on.  It doesn't look like trying the M39 KSOs are in the cards unless the blue foot says otherwise.
  • on 1269677464:

on 1269652861:

I'm still here too! I've been trying more barefoot now its warmer weather in Scotland.

http://barefootted.com/labels/skateboarding.html
    Have a look at friday, june06, 2008 maybe that can fix your thin sole problem.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I guess my pair is a sort of experiment into what effect thin soles have. They've both had the same wear and use.
  • I just found this place today, because I didn't use the "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit" link. I tend to lurk, but I'm hear far more than I should be.
  • Did Vibram start marketing more or something?  In the last week I've gotten more and more questions about my VFFs from friends around the country asking me about if I like them, even though I've been telling people about them since November.  I think they are going main stream pretty soon.
  • on 1271951099:

Did Vibram start marketing more or something?  In the last week I've gotten more and more questions about my VFFs from friends around the country asking me about if I like them, even though I've been telling people about them since November.  I think they are going main stream pretty soon.

The marketing in Boston was incredible. Everywhere I looked, I saw people in Vibrams. The Clinic at City Sports was only a block away from the marathon expo, too, and the streets and shops were flooded with Five Fingers. All in all, I think that this year's marathon was a HUGE example of how much interest can be created by seeing others wearing VFFs.