VFF Sightings in Public

Long time wearer, first time posting.

So I have been wearing my vffs for almost a year now (I even wear them when I'm teaching school).  I was recently in florida on a school trip and while I was wearing my vffs I came across another person wearing the exact same pair as me at a certain mouse themed theme park.  The kids I went with said they even saw a few people wearing my shoes.  Anyone else ever had a sighting of someone else wearing vffs the same time as you?

Comments

• Nope not yet, the VFF density is very low in Germany.
  • same here in Holland, seems like I'm the only one on the planet
  • I've been wearing my sprints since last july, and haven't seen another VFFer jet. My dad told me a guy he works with him has a pair, and I know there's one guy here on the forum who lives in iceland, but for all I know they might be the same guy.

An outdoor store here started selling KSO's and sprints about two weeks ago and the owner of the store told me they've been selling like crazy, so I'm expecting to spot some 5fingers this summer.
  • I've seen one other person on the university campus with a pair of red sprints and 1 guy who came climbing once in classics and i know of one person in the running club with KSO's but so far thats all i have seen in the uk
  • I've had mine for two yrs. And I just got my friend to buy a pair. Other than us I have only seen the first pair at philmont.
  • on 1270792617:

I was recently in florida on a school trip and while I was wearing my vffs I came across another person wearing the exact same pair as me at a certain mouse themed theme park.  The kids I went with said they even saw a few people wearing my shoes.  

How were the VFF's for walking around MouseLand?  I am heading there with my wife in about a month and plan to wear my classics and KSO's as my primary footwear.  I was not sure how it would go being on concrete all day for an average of 14-16 miles per day, but I plan to give it a shot.  I have had the VFF's for about a month and 1/2 now and have been wearing them every day as my main shoe to try and get used to them.

I have not seen anyone else wearing VFF's, (odd considering we have a local store that sells them (thats where I got mine) and they said they sell out quickly every time they get a shipment - they must be out there somewhere.)

On a side note, many people I have talked to seem to have heard of them or read about them in various articles - few have actually seen them though.

Michael
  • I bought my sprints last year around August.  I primarily wanted to use them for frisbee golf to transition into wearing them.  I actually saw another frisbee golfer with a pair of sprints on shortly after I bought mine.  Really cool to have a local store in the area that sells them. 
  • After quite a few sightings in New York last summer/fall, I went the whole winter without seeing any. I wore mine through the winter when not wearing warmer Vivo Barefoots. So far nothing this spring. Traveling last week, however, I did see a pair of Classics while doing a walk through the Muir Woods outside San Francisco.

VFFs are definitely losing the battle to MBT/Shape Up shoes (which should be banned as dangerous)--they are all over the place.
  • I see people sporting them every now and again here in New Orleans
  • Well, as far as park wear the group I was with was there for 5 days.  After the 5th day everyone's feet were hurting (probably because of the 16 hour days we were pulling).  I can't say I was exempt, but it definitely was fairly comfortable overall.  I would reccomend them just because of all the looks I got and the great conversation starters that they are.
  • As far as I know, I'm the only one in our (admittedly small) city.  I heard rumors that one student at the local college a couple of years ago had a pair, and I know the guy at the local bike shop is interested in getting a pair, but that's it.
  • The only other people I've seen wearing them are the friends and family I've influenced, so they don't really count!  There must be a lot of them out there, though, because there are two store in our city (Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada) carrying them and they both say they've sold lots and lots of them.  Maybe when spring and summer truly arrive, I'll start seeing some?
  • my wife says that she has seen them on the UNT campus. A lady in target, who was standing behind us, let us know how much she loved her pair of classics...and, I ran into a gentleman at a QT, pumping gas next to me, wearing his red sprints. So, it's safe to see that I see them out here in the North Dallas area more than I figured I would!
  • There's always one person at the gym wearing them.
  • on 1270886928:

There's always one person at the gym wearing them.

Thats me... :)

Ohhhhh - you meant at YOUR gym....    ;)
  • on 1270859206:

I heard rumors that one student at the local college a couple of years ago had a pair, and I know the guy at the local bike shop is interested in getting a pair, but that's it.

Wow, living in Colombus Ohio with the 100,000+ student Ohio State down the street, that is a funny sentence to read. I noticed I haven't been seeing people wearing them at the OSU gym as much as I used to which makes me worried they've now banned them.
  • We sure need snapshots of VFF wearers so that we recognize them in the streets even if they don't wear them :P
  • Just yesterday my friend went out and bought his first pair after wanting them all winter, and he's the only other person than myself I've seen wearing VFFs
    with my own eyes. I never noticed how much they really look like painted feet before.
  • I haven't seen anybody wearing them besides myself and my dad who purchased a pair of KSO for watersports after seeing mine.  I very very rarely wear them besides running.  I'm usually in flip flops.
  • well now the uk weather is starting to improve i think "toes" can start wearing his kso's or classics to uni for the remainder of the semester
  • Wow, living in Colombus Ohio with the 100,000+ student Ohio State down the street, that is a funny sentence to read.

Hee.  Well, your city's nearly 300 times the size of ours, with the college here having a bit over a thousand students, so I guess Columbus could expect to have 100 VFF wearers among the students and 600 regular wearers in the city at large... if all things were equal.

(Which I doubt they would be, since bigger cities aren't just big, but more open to new things - like VFFs.)
  • Not apart from people I already knew that had them...  :-/
  • I will do my first VFF sight in public tuesday. That 's when I see the friend again I talked into buying VFF's.  :D We went to buy him a pair of red Sprints last friday and had some great fun doing so. I'm sure we will do a 'low five'  :P
  • I converted another person last night, but giving him a pair of classic as gift.  he couldn't stop saying "these are so comfortable", and by way of that, two other by-standers who were skeptics, are planning on getting them now.  :)
  • My little cousin, he's 10...or 12...somewhere in that range, wore his first pair of KSO's to school today.  His first public debut ended in a visit to the office and a wait for back-up shoes.  the school's argument: "those aren't shoes." He's had them since Saturday and is pretty excited about them. He called just to tell me that "(he) can tell (he's) using muscles in his feet (he) hasn't used before!" I laughed a bit inside while also feeling a bit jealous that he has camo KSO's and I do not.