Changes changes ....

So it seems my days of working from home are coming to a close, and with that, I'll have a lot less day-to-day time to spend running BirthdayShoes.

That said, I'm happy to say that for the most part, much of the site is in such a state as to run itself.  There are still a list of resources I'd like to write about (and maybe I can knock out a couple this week) and I'll still be around and posting periodically.  For that matter, I've recruited a friend to help keep up with the user stories and posts.  I should still be on top of breaking news and periodic reviews.

Just bear with me as I shift into a new job situation -- incidentally with Google here in Atlanta (ad side -- not comp sci).

In the end, BirthdayShoes is all about the community and is successful b/c it has such a great group of members.  If any of you have any interest in contributing guest posts (reviews, mods, tips/tricks, how-tos, etc.) for the main blog, please drop me an email at justin at birthdayshoes.com. 

If anyone has concerns about how this might affect things going forward, let's hear them!

Comments

• Hope the transition to new stuff goes well, Justin.

Alan
  • Yes, all the best with your new job. :)
  • Congrats!

And if I think of something for a guest post (like, say, a KSO review...) I'll let you know.

(I may also take my VFFs to Spain to walk the Camino de Santiago - haven't decided yet - if so, I'll write up something about trekking/backpacking in VFFs.)
  • Thanks Rana, Alan, and Iain!
  • Congrats and good luck with the new job!
  • Hope that doesn't mean you have to revert to foot coffins
  • im going out west this summer to do 120 mi in the rocky mountains. ill be happy to do a right up on it.  ;D
  • on 1272287397:

Hope that doesn't mean you have to revert to foot coffins

For the time being I think so -- thus the purchase of the vivo barefoot aquas ... pretty comfortable though.
  • on 1272297689:

on 1272287397:

Hope that doesn't mean you have to revert to foot coffins

For the time being I think so -- thus the purchase of the vivo barefoot aquas ... pretty comfortable though.

Google, right?  Can't you just show them this page?  ;D  Best of luck Justin!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Brin  (the photo)
  • hey man, if the boss can wear em you should be able to too!  :D
  • on 1272456343:

hey man, if the boss can wear em you should be able to too!  :D

Ha I know I have a pretty solid precedent for wearing VFFs here -- thing is I'm on the sales side and it's a casual, but different vibe than the engineering side (more client facing).

That said, got my soft stars on today and my feet are feelin nice!