my new pair of Speeds - pictures compared to sample model

Hi all, don't have a lot of time tonight,  but took a few pictures that speak for themselves. The defintive model of the Speeds I received today (M42) is a bit different from the sample 'Speeds' that I have been wearing with great pleasure the last few months (M43). The Speeds are snug, btw, so wearing the M43 was no problem, although M42 are my size allright. No pictures of the soles, they are the same as the Bikila's, or you can check my earlier post on my sample Speeds. Now let's wait for someone to compare Bikila's and Speeds :)

Enjoy

here you go: the pair on the right are the samples

dscn1426p.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shoe on the left is sample, as you can see because it has been worn. In the definitive model, the insole is not removable.

dscn1425jd.jpg

sample:

dscn1424o.jpg

definitive model:

dscn1423s.jpg

dscn1427x.jpg

dscn1421a.jpg

Comments

• Were did u get those and how much did they cost
  • I got mine today as well, and I like them more than my sample speeds. Probably because now I've got the correct size, and because they're black, compared to my blue/white ones ;]
    They're really, really comfortable to walk and run in.

/edit

@ C dude74

I got mine from www.unlimited-outdoor.de . It's a Europe only model.
  • Are these ever coming to the States
  • Man I want a pair. Any idea on the price if they bring them to North America?
  • those are some seriously interesting FiveFingers
  • just like our euro friends wanting bikilas right now we have to find euro dealers that will ship over here.  i too really want a pair of these.  the addiction just keeps growing and growing
  • MORGAN WANTS SPEEDS!!!
  • on 1274324636:

just like our euro friends wanting bikilas right now we have to find euro dealers that will ship over here.  i too really want a pair of these.  the addiction just keeps growing and growing

Word....I never want to wear shoe coffins again.  We are doing mock interviews tomorrow to work on our professionalism and I think I might wear my Treks.   See if the good 'ol Kangaroo Leather passes for professional. LOL
  • as far as any information out there the speeds wont be coming to america.  they are going 105 eu which is about 130 over here. so if you can find a store over there willing to ship then you are good.  if not...we just miss out
  • on 1274325437:

as far as any information out there the speeds wont be coming to america.  they are going 105 eu which is about 130 over here. so if you can find a store over there willing to ship then you are good.  if not...we just miss out

DANG!!  >:(
  • dirk's cool, i'm sure there wont be any problems buying everyone a pair :-)  for a fee i'm sure
  • Probably the European users here are willing to send you a pair of speeds if you ask nicely. I'm not sure how much the shipping will cost though.
  • I think I actually preferred the look of the samples :(. IMO the white curved stripe around the front looks better as mesh without the logo on it.

It'll be interesting to hear how they compare to the Bikila's for running in, I'm considering getting one or the other at some point.
  • on 1274344167:

Probably the European users here are willing to send you a pair of speeds if you ask nicely. I'm not sure how much the shipping will cost though.

I think it's possible to order from http://www.vibram-fivefingers.de/ internationally, not sure though. Those interested might send them a mail and ask about it :)
  • on 1274345928:

IMO the white curved stripe around the front looks better as mesh without the logo on it.

I agree on this, I already considered taking off the stitched vibram-name, the logo on the tongue (is that the english word for the part of the shoe underneath the lace?) is much nicer on the final version, though.

• the logo on the tongue (is that the english word for the part of the shoe underneath the lace?)

Yep, tongue is the right term :)

I wonder if there's a practical reason they changed it or if the white was simply changed so that it could accommodate the Vibram logo (since it would be hard to stitch a logo onto the mesh).
  • Cool design, but if the US could only get one of the two, I'm glad we got the Bikila.
  • why cant vibram just sel allll their models and colors alll over the world. then everyyyone would be happy.  >:(

I want speeds!!
  • hey man, anyone who really wants them, can get them, you just need a little searching on the net for a vendor. PM me in case

Re: mesh   yeah, impossible to stitch 'vibram' there, but who needs it? I would be interested to know if there is a difference in breathability  between Speeds and Bikila's, the upper material of the latter seems kinda 'plastic' to me, favoring sweating. Correct me if I'm wrong about that. I want Bikila's, too, you know  :D
  • I actually can foresee the Speeds being the better of the two released Vibram Running Shoes.  The reason being is you can control the snugness in the Speeds versus only having a strap to make the adjustments in the Bikilas.  I know that my Bikilas have stretched quite a bit since I started using them (I have the blister to prove it).  I would be more inclined to wear the speeds as my everyday running shoe if I were able to get my hands on a pair.  I do however think the speeds look ridonkulous! But, that wouldn't stop me from wearing a pair :D
  • I would be more inclined to wear the speeds as my everyday running shoe if I were able to get my hands on a pair.  I do however think the speeds look ridonkulous! But, that wouldn't stop me from wearing a pair

I could not have said it better myself :)
  • see morgan what you dont know is that every company does that.  there are nike's, chevy's, cell phones, and just about anything else that are only released here or there or on other continents but not here or there.  get the idea? it seems crazy but travel around enough and you'll wonder why we're missing out of such cool stuff over here when we think we get the best of the best
  • I spoke to a vendor that actually has shipped some pairs of speeds to the US. They are still on the way for about 3 weeks already plus the shipping did cost about 30€ so if you want speeds it will take long and it will be expensive for sure.
  • hmmm, $170 isnt tooo bad for shoes.  *sarcasm*
  • on 1274399680:

hmmm, $170 isnt tooo bad for shoes.  *sarcasm*

You obviously don't know how much the KSO Trek cost in Germany. 190€