Bday shoes VFF FAQ tshirts!

Ok so rana came up with a good idea originally sparked by aiea I belive. And I am going to look into this.

Here's what I'm thinking. A t- shirt with the birthday shoes logo and some kinda of VFF. On the back at the top I'm thinking FAQ then a list of the crazy questions we get asked on a regular basis. So te next time somone comes up to you and asks you can refer them to your back!

What I need is a list of common funny questions I.e. Does it have arch support? And mayb some ideas on layout and if people would  be interested in buying one. Then with the ok of justin I want to try and get some produced.

So let me know what you think! Post up everyone!

Comments

• Are they comfortable?  Yes, if you like going barefoot.
    Are your toes in there?  Yes, each toe has its own pocket.
    What are they for?  It's like going barefoot, but you don't have to worry about glass.  They make your legs and feet stronger too.
  • Your wife lets you wear those? Yes she says they make my but look cute ;D
  • Rana. Haha I like a bit of sarcasm in there. I think this would be really kinda fun.
  • Funeman. How bout somthing like "u know your lookin at my butt. Don't pretend to be interested in the shoes"
  • on 1274673294:

Funeman. How bout somthing like "u know your lookin at my butt. Don't pretend to be interested in the shoes"
    That's fantastic in fact I could see this as the start of like an entire B-day shoes gear shop
  • Hahaha that's true. But I really want to do the FAQ tshirt. Then we can get started on the gear shop. So far we have....
    Where's the arch support?
    Does every toe have a pocket?
    What are they for?
    And are they comfortable?
  • Are they shoes?
    Where can I get them?
    How much do they cost?
  • "that's right, I live dangerously.... No arch support/barefoot"

Something like that maybe?  Not for a FAQ tshirt, but maybe something else.
  • the ones i always get are:

what are those?
    what are they for?
    are they socks?
    have you just been scuba diving? (hmm...yeah i've just come back, dried off & changed all my other clothes except my shoes...  :-\)
  • where they can get them. we dont want em buying fakes.
  • on 1274703368:

where they can get them. we dont want em buying fakes.

haha i can just see that now... is this tshirts real???? (seriously though fakes are outta control)
  • lets not forget the ever popular "are they comfortable??" -- and "are those shoes?"
  • lets put the definition of a shoe on there too so we can prove that theyre actually shoes. LOL
  • I was asked by a convict that just got out, "What the F$@#% are those?"  Probably not for a t-shirt, but I did get everyones attention when he yelled it on mass transit.

BTW, put me in for one no matter the out come.  I figure $20, perhaps more if you want a "Tech" (running) type shirt.
  • on 1274711130:

lets put the definition of a shoe on there too so we can prove that theyre actually shoes. LOL

good idea!

from websters online dictionary:
    Main Entry: 1shoe
    Pronunciation: \ˈshü\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English shoo, from Old English scōh; akin to Old High German scuoh shoe
    Date: before 12th century
    1 a : an outer covering for the human foot typically having a thick or stiff sole with an attached heel and an upper part of lighter material (as leather) b : a metal plate or rim for the hoof of an animal
    2 : something resembling a shoe in function or placement

• But where's the cushioning?
    Doesn't it hurt?
    What if you step on a rock/glass?
  • I'm likeing the deffinition thing! And I'm also thinking just a regular t-shirt for when your loungein around. I hopeing to try to make this a reallity! I talked to a printer this morn. If I got a big enough bulk size. I mght be able to get the price down to like 15$ depending on what type of shirt.

Now I could use the help of anyone who knows how to use a computer to make a picture of somewhat what we want. I don't have Photoshop or know much about that type of stuff. I have some ideas but don't know how to put them on a screen. So if anyone is willing to help that would be awesome!
    I also really like the fakes thing too.

Ok so know do we want a fakes and deffinition shirt or do we want a FAQ type shirt with some funny responses?

Also what do we want for logo? Bday shoes logo will deffinetly be on there but anything else?
    And white or black t-shirt?
  • Well, my thoughts. Most of the responses don't really need the questions, and you can probably just give the answers kinda like:

Yes they are shoes.
    Yes my toes are in them.
    They are comfortable.
    etc.

More thoughts

Maybe the Bday shoes logo on the front "pocket" area. And the back just being the words. I think black would be cool personally. Though white does work as well. (Then again a little part of me says do it in some sort of obnoxious neon color just to be obstinant.)
  • Aiea. You are correct my friend. Excellent idea! I like it. And I can get pretty funny with that type of layout.

But this is going to do me no good if nobody will want one. So let me know.
  • I'm totally sold on the idea.

My first question is; has whoever owns the bday shoes logo signed off on this idea.
    My second question is; do we have a graphic designer in the house?

Given the huge slice of demographics that post here, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a few. And I bet at least one of them loves the idea as well and would be willing to help out.

Edit: Have you looked into places like Cafe Press where they can print the shirts on demand?
  • on 1274715255:

on 1274711130:

lets put the definition of a shoe on there too so we can prove that theyre actually shoes. LOL

good idea!

Etymology: Middle English shoo, from Old English scōh; akin to Old High German scuoh shoe
    1 a : an outer covering for the human foot typically having a thick or stiff sole with an attached heel and an upper part of lighter material (as leather) b : a metal plate or rim for the hoof of an animal

Doesn't this mean they aren't shoes?!  I don't know about your pairs, but mine have no "attached heel"
  • on 1274727192:

on 1274715255:

on 1274711130:

good idea!

Doesn't this mean they aren't shoes?!  I don't know about your pairs, but mine have no "attached heel"

The definition uses the word TYPICALLY.  Besides they fit into No. 2 anyway.

Cafepress is probably the way to go.  That way it is centralized and you may not have to monkey with shipping and money.

"Can you run on gravel?"
    "He's/She's got them! I have seen them on-line, but never in person!"
  • I'll look into the cafe press thing that sounds like a good idea. As for the bday shoes logo I would love to have it on there with the website. So I'm hopeing whoever owns the logo will chime in and say yes.

Now all I need is a graphic designer. I think sulysa is a graphic artist. I wonder if she's still around?

So on my little sketch pad with is what I have:
    black t
    bday shoe logo an website onfront pocket area. In vibram yellow.

On the back at the top in yellow or white VFF
    Then the wording. Or shoe deffinition.
    Yes. They are comfortable
    yes. Those are pockets for my toes.
    Yes. They are shoes
    no I don't need arch support
    yes you can play with my toes if you want.

Anyway so just a basic idea. Of course the wording my change a bit as I sit Down and think about it. So tell me how that sounds and more ideas please. Then I can put it on paper and get it done. Thanks.

• I'd totally wear this.. and I'm a graphic designer (student) if that helps.. maybe.. or whatever  ;)
  • Zebra could you put these type of ideas on a shirt on a computer screen? Kinda come up with kinda how it would look?