We drank the Kool Aid!

We can't stop buying VFFs! Do we need a 12 step program???  ;D

Comments

• Good grief! You only have two feet each!

Alan
  • (rocking in the corner, in fetal position) must get more :o
  • I drank from the cup as well.  I have three pair now, and have told my wife to cut up the credit card. :)
  • that's only 2 pairs each.  I have 3 pairs, two of which I bought during the course of an injury that won't even allow me to run in them!
  • i'm working on getting a 2nd pair...it's just a toss up between bikila's and sprints... ???
  • I'm waiting for the smartwool clasics AND the womens trek.
  • Oh my word I must be a total addict, I have six pairs.  :o

1pr Surge
    2 pr classics
    1 pr sprints
    1 pr flows
    1 pr KSO's
  • Is there something worse than addict, if so, it's me.

1 kso
    2 treks (black, that stays pristine for work; brown  for trails and casual use when clean)
    2 classics (subtle black, more playful orange/grey)
    1 bikila

Plus a pair of sprints on back order at rei.

I even rationalize that I "need" them all.  They all have their uses you know.  Every day I fight the urge to go try on another pair of Bikilas at a local store, you know just to make sure I bought the right size on my first pair.  Help me.   
  • I only have two pair a magenta bikila and grey/orange classic but I find myself checking REI almost every day to see what they happen to have in stock.  I have a pair of kso on backorder at REI and I'm lusting after the womens trek! 
  • I'm waiting for the smartwool clasics AND the womens trek.

Yup.
  • I have 3 pairs of VFF's, grey/palm KSO, Mauve Classics, Grey/Green Bikila's. I also have 2 pairs of Vivo Barefoots, the EVO, and the Isis.

I can't wait for the smartwool classic, and I want to get a black pair of either KSO's or Classics, I can't decide which, though if the womens trek ends up in black that may end up being the black pair I get.

I just really wish I could wear them while at work instead of having to wear my boots... But I don't think any minimilist shoe will ever meet the military uniform requirements for a combat boot.
  • Yeah....I just bought a pair of Bikilas.  This will be pair number four next to my two pairs of KSOs and my Sprints.  Yikes!  :o

That being said though, I'm hoping every one will find its own role.  I want the Bikilas for running, the Sprints for running trails/grass, one pair of KSOs for running outside in wet or messy conditions, and the other KSOs for everyday use.
  • on 1276254266:

But I don't think any minimilist shoe will ever meet the military uniform requirements for a combat boot.

Hee hee.  I can just imagine the full-dress versions.  Ultra-shiny patent toes.  And having to polish thoroughly between them all!
  • That sure is potent Kook Aid because I just bought my 3rd pair.  I'm now the proud owner of classics, bikilas and now KSOs. 
  • I own Classics Sprints and KSOs getting Treks in the fall (maybe even sport treks) and I'm looking for a pair of surge (been searching for 3 months now)
  • 1 pair classics
    1 pair sprints
    1 pair kso
    1 pair Bikila

Hello my name is Rafael and I am addicted to Vffs. ;D
  • I just got my fourth pair, so I'm up to 2 Classics, 1 KSO, and a Bikila!  I only wear 'regular' shoes at work, and for fitness walks on paved neighborhood roads.  Love VFF!
  • i'm sitting on six pairs right now but would easily have 12 if i just let myself pull the trigger more
  • Im up to four pair:

1 Classic (black)
    2 KSO's  (blue camo, black camo)
    1 Bikila (red/white)

still want some treks and sprints though...
  • I just received my first pair yesterday and am already plotting the purchase of a second pair :D

6/26/10 - New Pair of KSOs ordered! :)
  • I don't know if this thread is helping... it seems to be more enabling ;)

1 x Flows    1 x Classics    2 x KSOs    1 x Mocs      1 x Bikila

I'm also waiting patiently for the Treks in a W42.
    It'll be interesting to see what Vibram has up their sleeve for the future... I'll be checking them out at the Outdoor Retailer in August. Can't wait.
  • 2 Black KSOs
    1 Black Flows
    1 Green/grey Bikilas

I got my second pair of KSOs b/c I was trying to rotate them in an attempt to manage the odor.  The only choices I had each time I bought these was black.

I got the Flows for running this past winter.

I got the Bikilas because, well, I run in my V5Fs.

I'm doing low milage runs barefoot and that plan is to gradually increase the milage.

I'm up for getting a pair of classics and I would be interested in getting a pair of Flows with the tread of a Trek.  But I'm in no rush to add to my hoard of V5Fs just yet.
  • Me:
    1 KSO blk
    1 Bikila grey/grn
    1 Classic grey/org

My wife:
    1 Sprint grey/grn
    1 Bikila magenta
    1 Classic blk

She can't wear them at work usually, so her Bikilas get the most use at the gym.  I, on the other hand, have been wearing them whenever I'm not barefoot.  I am craving Speeds, Treks, and would love to add more colors of the ones I've got.  I have to hold off for a while, but could easily see myself with 6+ pairs by year's end!  Might have to cut the cable TV, but that's not such a bad thing.  :D
  • on 1276374339:

on 1276254266:

But I don't think any minimilist shoe will ever meet the military uniform requirements for a combat boot.

Hee hee.  I can just imagine the full-dress versions.  Ultra-shiny patent toes.  And having to polish thoroughly between them all!

I did consider the fact I might be able to use the vivo Isis with my blues. Though they don't look quite like my pump, but I could probably shine them up enough that they would pass for the shoes I need to wear for blues.
  • My collection is getting out of hand as well.

1 black classic
    1 blue/camo sprint
    1 black KSO
    1 brown KSO trek
    1 blue/yellow bikila
    1 black flow

I also have a pair of huaraches and have some left over material to make another pair.

I used to own a size 41 Sprint and Classic, but I returned the Sprint to the store for the current sprint I have now and sold the classic.  They were to big.