Europe...

I write this in the hope that someone from Vibram just might read this...

Why are the new models not available in Europe yet? Vibram is an Italian company, it seems absurd that they can be bought in th US and not over here. I realise they come from China, but I still don't understand why there aren't at least one or two places selling them here.
I also hope that the pricing will be in line with that of the US, where the Treks are retailing for about $120. Hopefully we wont be ripped off this time.

Rant over!

Comments

• I talked to the swedish distributor and they said that we might not even get the Treks here because the price is going to be so high.
    They'd cost more then twice than what it would cost to import them from a place like kayakshed, shipping included.
  • I have heard this too - The New FiveFingers may not be released in Europe.
    My best suggestion is to order them from the US for best value for money.
    The exchange rate to the UK is reasonable at the moment so a new pair of treks would be about £85.00 including the shipping.

Robert.

P.S If you order it this way you will be one of the few this side of the world with the new styles! RD.
  • I got my very first pair of classics from across the pond way way back, although i got stung £18 import duty,VAT etc they still worked out cheaper and easier to get than trying to get them in the UK.
  • A way to avoid import duty and tax and vat on the lot (Yes typical UK Charges! - Sticking tongue out at the System!)

Ask the seller to mark the item " GIFT " this should get round these charges.

Robert.
  • That generally only works if buying from an individual or sometimes when on ebay, so might need an intermediary in the US to buy for those of us over here and ship them as gifts.
  • on 1253206974:

I have heard this too - The New FiveFingers may not be released in Europe.
    My best suggestion is to order them from the US for best value for money.
    The exchange rate to the UK is reasonable at the moment so a new pair of treks would be about £85.00 including the shipping.

Robert.

P.S If you order it this way you will be one of the few this side of the world with the new styles! RD.

That's very dissapointing, and really surprising...I just can't fathom why the pricing in Europe is this way, it simply makes no sense at all.
    I would order from the US if there was a company that would let me use paypal - I might have to wait until they show up on the 'bay. I don't do credit cards....which doesn't help me in this situation!

Now I just wrote all that, then remembered that the first place that had the Treks listed was in fact a German site! Albeit at the crazy price of €185...
  • If you'd like me to buy you a pair and then ship them to you as a gift, I will accept paypal.  ;)
  • on 1253281128:

If you'd like me to buy you a pair and then ship them to you as a gift, I will accept paypal.  ;)

I'd be interested in this in the future.
  • on 1253281128:

If you'd like me to buy you a pair and then ship them to you as a gift, I will accept paypal.  ;)

I am interested now...if you are serious? I would transfer the cash before you had to do anything. Let me know...
  • on 1253284458:

on 1253281128:

I am interested now...if you are serious? I would transfer the cash before you had to do anything. Let me know...

I was definitely serious. I hate it when things come out in Europe or Asia and I don't have access to them. Luckily I have friends across the world who help me out, so I am happy to be able to help out other folks in return.

What is it that you'd like?
  • on 1253286996:

on 1253284458:

on 1253281128:

I was definitely serious. I hate it when things come out in Europe or Asia and I don't have access to them. Luckily I have friends across the world who help me out, so I am happy to be able to help out other folks in return.

What is it that you'd like?

Well, that's a brilliant offer. I am after black treks, size 43. There's nothing available right now, Summit Hut is almost out of everything, and Kayakshed isn't shipping for a while. I might wait and see if they show up anywhere else, give it a week or two, and if not, just go with the Kayakshed pre-order. I'll certainly let you know...thanks again!
  • Not a problem.
  • Careful with Gifts, thay have a price limit most of the time, for Germany the value limit of Gifts form outside EU regions is 45€ the FF KSO Trek cost about 88€ refering from todays currency conversion of the dollar. So that would not save you from paying customs. And that really sucks.
    For example, if I would buy a pair of FF KSO Trek lets say form kayakshed, it would be 125$=85€ adding the shipping of 30$, will give the price of 105€ then adding value added taxes on the product of 19% -> 121,15€ and then adding customs of 8% for leather shoes adds up to the final price of 127,95. So if I would buy 1 pair it will end up costing even more then 1€=1$ which sucks :P And its pretty much impossible to get rid of any position but the shipping maybe if you buy more then one pair and resell them.
    Here the price construction for import to Germany from US again.

[li]Store price: 125$ = 85€[/li]
      [li]Shipping costs: 32$ = 21€[/li]
      [li]VAT 19%:  16€[/li]
      [li]Customs 8%: 7€[/li]
      [li]
    All-in-all: 129€ = 189$[/li]
  • Couldn't you just lie about the gift value? Call them used treks and halve their value. ;) Just a thought. It's a crime how much they cost in Europe anyway.
  • on 1253554019:

Couldn't you just lie about the gift value? Call them used treks and halve their value. ;) Just a thought. It's a crime how much they cost in Europe anyway.

well of course you can. But if you get caught you might pay double the price.

Update:
    I just checked out google for the KSO Trek again this time for the Germany area. I just found a link on BirthdaShoes leading me to voycontigo. You wouldn't believe it, they are bolder then everyone else i guess. They take the price for a single pair imported KSO Trek, calculate it back to the dollar price and then do the evil 1€ for 1$ thing so they state a price of about 184€ and that is 270$ Thats how you make money these days :D Now you can try to fool the customs with a clear conscience :D
  • Bah, make video proof. I mean, a trade is a value for value. Water is worth double it's weight in gold to a person dying of thirst, yet it is a hassle for a man that is drowning. If I bought a Porsche and then had some magical revelation to give up everything I owned, the Porsche is effectively worthless to me and I can treat it as such.

Sorry about my rambling. Anyways, just make a video of you wearing them, taking them off, putting them back in the box, and shipping them to the very nice used value of $50, and then get the full price from him on paypal. That is, if you're worried about any of this in the first place.
  • on 1253561569:

Bah, make video proof. I mean, a trade is a value for value. Water is worth double it's weight in gold to a person dying of thirst, yet it is a hassle for a man that is drowning. If I bought a Porsche and then had some magical revelation to give up everything I owned, the Porsche is effectively worthless to me and I can treat it as such.

Sorry about my rambling. Anyways, just make a video of you wearing them, taking them off, putting them back in the box, and shipping them to the very nice used value of $50, and then get the full price from him on paypal. That is, if you're worried about any of this in the first place.

I'd love that :p i would immediately buy a pair of KSO Treks if i only would have to pay a sane price for shipping and the product.
  • How about cutting the tags off and getting them comestically dirty that way they look used. They're going to get dirty anyway.
  • I was thinking the same thing.
    I've bought computer parts from the states through my brothers friend, he always unpacks the stuff and breaks the seals etc so they look used. :)
  • on 1253603830:

I was thinking the same thing.
    I've bought computer parts from the states through my brothers friend, he always unpacks the stuff and breaks the seals etc so they look used. :)

There is no extra customs to be paid for computer parts and notebooks and such anyway afaik :P Okay so who would send me a pair for Treks and get paid on delivery anyways :P
  • @hinogi

Hi there. I just stumbled across this topic again after using my KSO's for the last 3 weeks and being eager to order a pair of Trek's...

Anyway, i come from Germany as well and just wondered from which state you come?

At least for the next 2 years i'll probably stay in NRW, if you live there as well we could coordinate the order etc. and save at least the 30 Dollar extra for shipping...

Just an idea, let me know whether you are interested or not...

And no, i'm no super capitalist who tries to get your money and yes, i can take photographs of my KSOs or myself or call you in order to validate that i am who i'm pretending to be :-D
  • New favorite saying "I am who I'm pretending to be."
  • on 1253639763:

@hinogi

Hi there. I just stumbled across this topic again after using my KSO's for the last 3 weeks and being eager to order a pair of Trek's...

Anyway, i come from Germany as well and just wondered from which state you come?

At least for the next 2 years i'll probably stay in NRW, if you live there as well we could coordinate the order etc. and save at least the 30 Dollar extra for shipping...

Just an idea, let me know whether you are interested or not...

And no, i'm no super capitalist who tries to get your money and yes, i can take photographs of my KSOs or myself or call you in order to validate that i am who i'm pretending to be :-D

NRW as well. But maybe there is a cheaper shipping method from private to private, kayakshed as only one method available so I lack comparison, never ordered something from the new world.
  • @ZeitHeld

Well, i hope you had a good laugh, but what i wanted to express should be clear :-D... You could just replace "pretended" with "claimed" or "stated", it would fit way better.

@desaulniers

I (or we?) would be interested in your offer as well, does it concern other members of the forum (like me) as well?
    And is there a option of not paying with paypal, maybe by credit card i.e. Visa electron?

@hinogi

That's the reason i posted the question above, maybe he is willing do send them to us... We would still have the option of collecting them in order to save shipping costs...

@All other Forum Members

Is there anybody else from germany - especially NRW - who is interested in getting one of the model's not being available in europe/germany 'till now or which is just to expensive here?

Regards
  • It was all in good fun Kaczynski. I've taken half a decade of German classes and I'm sure it's still a million times worse than your english. And as a native english speaker, it really did just sound cool. Good luck on getting your Vibram's.