KSO Trek

I just tried on the treks, I found a store near me called Primo Comfort Footware. The people were great very helpful, and extremely patient. My first impression of the treks was "WOW these are tight! Too tight..." I also noticed how soft, and luxurious they felt. They felt amazing and the 45 fit my feet perfectly, but there's still the problem of the tightness. I didn't by them today, I want to here how much they stretch first.

An interesting thing I noticed is how the sizes vary due to the leather. I wear kso 44 on a daily basis they fit my feet perfectly. In the treks 45s are perfect just tight over the top of my foot right behind my toes.

So my question is will the leather stretch? And if so how much?

Comments

• I noticed this as well with my black treks. I'm still waiting to see how they stretch.
  • Looking forward to the results of the Trek beta testers. ;) Waiting for Treks version 1.1 lol

Once your Treks stretch, do you think that they will shrink after washing them like the classics requiring restretching?
  • I'm on board with Hawkeye, just got my first pair of KSOs and figured Treks would be next. Can't wait to hear about the stretching/shrinking/restretching.

Keep us up to date, please.
  • I am a bit dissapointed that they aren't making a women's Trek...but I am wondering what the difference between the men's and womens models are??  perhaps its just width?  if that's the case I might try a pair, and since I am living in a cooler climate, i'll be wearing the Trek's in colder weather, thus wearing socks with them.  anyone have info on this?  also where can I order a pair of these things since they aren't on the website yet??

I have been hiking in my regular KSO's and I really like it.  I just ordered a pair of classics that are due to come in this week.  was going to order a pari of Flow's for the winter - but really think that the Trek is the better option, so i am contemplating what to do about that.
  • on 1253551254:

I am a bit dissapointed that they aren't making a women's Trek...but I am wondering what the difference between the men's and womens models are??  perhaps its just width?  if that's the case I might try a pair, and since I am living in a cooler climate, i'll be wearing the Trek's in colder weather, thus wearing socks with them.  anyone have info on this?  also where can I order a pair of these things since they aren't on the website yet??

I have been hiking in my regular KSO's and I really like it.  I just ordered a pair of classics that are due to come in this week.  was going to order a pari of Flow's for the winter - but really think that the Trek is the better option, so i am contemplating what to do about that.

Mostly it's size and width. The Men's sizes are bigger. A Man's 39 is not equal to a women's 39. Check out the measurements in the Vibram sizing chart. If you have big enough feet you could wear the men's trek. A lack of women's trek and non-water resistance gives me the winter blues and cold, wet feet. :(
  • I've washed (and dried, to the dismay of some forum members) my Treks twice now and haven't noticed any shrinking at all.
    I sized up from my regular KSO's when I bought the Trek, so I can't really compare the relative sizing.
    I can't even begin to tell people how comfortable these are.  Very, very soft.

- Pete
  • Can't find sizing info on the Treks - but can fit into the smallest men's regualr KSO, which is the 38.  perhaps i'll try those - as I am also bummed about cooler weather coming and the thought of cold feet! :(
  • As is mentioned elsewhere on the forum the Trek's are the same sizes as the original KSO's also I would assume the reason that the Treks are currently only being sized for average men sizes is due to the fact that there is a high percentage of men who purchase VFF's. If you were in charge of marketing and promotion you would have made the same decision.
    Well I am sure I would have done.

Robert
  • The only part of that I didn't catch was "full stop".
  • I have to wear men's racing flats as there is only a small % of women who wear them.  I understand the marketing thing, but notice that they don't make the men's Flows in the smaller sizes, under 40 either.  I am going to measure my fiance's feet for KSO's, except his feet are a wider....we basically have the same size foot...my large feet are what make me a good swimmer though! :)  so if they are too big for me, then he can wear them!

Kristy
  • Treks start at men's size 40. They make flows for women.
  • on 1253555356:

Can't find sizing info on the Treks - but can fit into the smallest men's regualr KSO, which is the 38.  perhaps i'll try those - as I am also bummed about cooler weather coming and the thought of cold feet! :(

Trek's start at 40
  • I know they make Flow's for women, but I want Trek's....so since the sizing of the Treks and orig. KSO's are the same in the men's....and i have the same size foot as my finace, I figure that the mens size that fits him would also fit me. 

thanks for telling me that the Treks start at 40....I will look into that and see if I'd fit into that size.  :)

Kristy