Forum needs

1) There needs to be a BIG sticky or post for all the newbs asking which style VFFs to buy. It's getting pretty cluttered/annoying. You would think they would read Justin's helpful vffs guide, which outlines which style does what.

2) Also if we could get a sticky that tells people to how to use the search feature because the same question is asked almost every day. Sore calves should have their own super sticky because people can't seem to ask about it enough.  >:(  Also there's a couple VFFs washing tip posts, when people should just read the VFF funky thread.

3) Maybe a beginners/ noob general sticky directing people where to go for cleaning tips, sore, claves, form etc. I really like this idea. Like a READ THIS FIRST before posting sticky.

I find sizing questions not as annoying as some of the newbs other questions, since VFFs are super tricky to size.

I really wish poeple would read through the board some before posting the same question again and again and again and again.  >:(

P.S. I love the mods, you guys do a good job.  :-*

Comments

• Yeah something like a FAQ sticky or just a sticky that says read me first.
  • the problem is that even if you have a "read this first"-thread a lot of people will not read through it but rather just open a new thread so that they themselves don't have to search for the information. sadly it's like that in all forums. that said i would still make one, just like hawkeye suggested pretty much a table of contents for the forum with links to the most important threads. it will then also be easier to refer trivial threads there without the need of digging out the old thread about the topic.
  • on 1283426725:

the problem is that even if you have a "read this first"-thread a lot of people will not read through it but rather just open a new thread so that they themselves don't have to search for the information. sadly it's like that in all forums. that said i would still make one, just like hawkeye suggested pretty much a table of contents for the forum with links to the most important threads. it will then also be easier to refer trivial threads there without the need of digging out the old thread about the topic.

We could always ignore the repeats... I already do.  :-X

But I agree, having somewhere to point them would be nice.
  • If someone wants to go on a link-collecting jaunt, I'd be happy to set up a few FAQ-type stickies for common questions.  (I agree, the boards are getting a bit cluttered, but I don't want to do too much without Justin's input.)
  • sounds like a good idea but I'm more partial to maybe rounding up all the new comers in like a coral or ranch and sit them down fro a small slide show.. not saying they are intelligent bovine.. nope not saying that at all  ::)
  • on 1283472879:

sounds like a good idea but I'm more partial to maybe rounding up all the new comers in like a coral or ranch and sit them down fro a small slide show.. not saying they are intelligent bovine.. nope not saying that at all  ::)

LOL Have VFF orientation.  ;D