Ye gods. You gotta see this

Comments

• It's not coming up for me. It sent me to google reader, and I logged in, and I didn't see anything.
  • Same here. So I simply went to barefootrunner.co.uk, and got it directly. And have now added it to my blogroll.

Alan
  • Lets see if this works. If not drop by www.barefootrunner.co.uk

zcoil.jpg
  • http://www.zcoil.com/index.php

Manufactures website if you want to see more of these torture devices.
  • Oh. Dear. Cthulhu.

At first, I thought that the heel was up on a stand or some sort of pedestal.
  • I think Barefoot Ted got a pair of these just prior to deciding to try going barefoot.

Coincidence?  I think not!
  • on 1253824700:

Lets see if this works. If not drop by www.barefootrunner.co.uk

zcoil.jpg

Hmm looks like the models on the fashion week got some pairs of high heel running shoe :P
  • omg I could not think of anything worse to people actually believe these shoes will do there feet good!!!!
  • on 1253830371:

I think Barefoot Ted got a pair of these just prior to deciding to try going barefoot.

Coincidence?  I think not!

I don't think they were these shoes specifically (he tried Kinseis and Kanga boots; I forget which was the worst) but they are the same in spirit.
  • I knew a lady who had z-coil sandals. She liked them. I personally would not want a metal spring on my shoe, but to each his own.
  • Ha does anyone else remember seeing these as a kid?

Bet they would do wonders for running.
    moon_shoes.jpg

• on 1253885490:

Ha does anyone else remember seeing these as a kid?

Bet they would do wonders for running.
    moon_shoes.jpg

OMG I totally remember those shoes. They were Moon bounce shoes that had springs in them like a trampoline. They were to simulate walking on the moon. I wanted some soo bad in the late '80s early '90s. I'm glad my parents didn't get me any. I think they were recalled because they were dangerous and kids got hurt.
  • on 1253886556:

They were Moon bounce shoes that had springs in them like a trampoline... I think they were recalled because they were dangerous and kids got hurt.

Gee, you think?  ;D

Alan
  • I remember the commercials being super 80's. Moon shoes! Moon shoes! The narrator sounded like Mike Myers in Wayne's World.
  • THey still make those moon bounce shoes for kids. My son gave his cousin a pair two christmases ago. I think they got a few days of use then got relegated to the pile of stuff in her room that never got any further use.
  • I'd like to give em a go. Maybe I could dunk!
  • Wow, it gets worse:

• This is just sad. They just don't understand. By adding more unnecessary "support" they are just going to hurt themselves even more.

I think it would be funny to push somebody over who's wearing those.  ;D
  • That must have been about 100 people in the audience, so that's $2000 given away??? I wonder why mmmm......

Has anyone here actually tried these on? I wonder how to explain the anecdotal evidence that they help some people with foot pain. Of course, anecdotal evidence is not the best, but that was a factor in me getting VVFs.
  • It blows my mind what they're trying to pass them off as. If you look at their testimonials page, it looks kind of like the contents of those little book of proverbs. "Oh, you want to know how Jesus can help you with your self-esteem? Well look right here." Except you trade Z - Coils for Jesus and self-esteem for any number of health issues from back pain to weight loss. Simply preposterous.
  • Here's some more insane shoes, they do look quite funny actually :D
    http://oddee.com/item_96840.aspx
  • I like the ones at the top. Think I have seen the red boots in Ibiza some years ago. Worn by a chap obviously.

Jason
  • Here's some more insane shoes, they do look quite funny actually

Why?  WHY?!  :o

(And then folks have the nerve to claim that VFFs are weird and/or ugly.  ::)  )
  • http://www.zcoil.com/technology.php

Look at there technology video... This guy sounds like a joke
  • Is this guy for real? I can't believe that they even put that crap on their website. What the veff? Vibram is such top quality compared to Z-coil and much lower maintanence. Plus, they have the completely wrong idea! A Phillips Head screw under my heel? No, thanks!