Can you Shrink or Stretch Vibrams?

I ordered a pair of Black KSO's in 44 and they are too tight.  Just barely.  So I went up to a 45 Black KSO.  They are too loose.  Im in between the two.  It seems like there is a huge difference between the two sizes.

My question is, Can i Stretch the 44's or shrink the 45's?  Will a washing machine shrink or stretch them?  Will Heat stretch them?

I really want the black ones, and I know they run a little smaller.  I could probably get a a pair of Black/camo or Black/Orange or something like that in a 44 and it fit perfect.  But I would really like to make the black ones work somehow.

Any tips?

Comments

• Another option is to wear the black micro Injinji's or Smart Wools in the 45's as they just disappear.  I do this in my "work" Komodo's because I could not get a proper fit that satisfied both socks and being bare.  It also keeps the funk down compared to my other pairs. 
  • on 1303471601:

I ordered a pair of Black KSO's in 44 and they are too tight.  Just barely.  So I went up to a 45 Black KSO.  They are too loose.  Im in between the two.  It seems like there is a huge difference between the two sizes.
    My question is, Can i Stretch the 44's or shrink the 45's?  Will a washing machine shrink or stretch them?  Will Heat stretch them?
    I really want the black ones, and I know they run a little smaller.  I could probably get a a pair of Black/camo or Black/Orange or something like that in a 44 and it fit perfect.  But I would really like to make the black ones work somehow.
    Any tips?

Forget the black ones and get the black/grey camouflage, they are one of the most rounded KSO designs.
  • You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the Black Grey/Camo ones would you.  I've only seen like 2 or 3 pics of them actually on someones feet.

Im starting to lean this way.  A somewhat local retailer (1 1/2 hours away) has started carrying VFF's.  Planning on making a trip up that way in a week or so to try them on in person.  Would love to see a pic of the Camo ones.

Thanks
  • on 1303483856:

You wouldn't happen to have a pic of the Black Grey/Camo ones would you.  I've only seen like 2 or 3 pics of them actually on someones feet.
    Im starting to lean this way.  A somewhat local retailer (1 1/2 hours away) has started carrying VFF's.  Planning on making a trip up that way in a week or so to try them on in person.  Would love to see a pic of the Camo ones.
    Thanks

Here you are a customer review in YouYube:

Vibram Fivefingers KSO Review

Just for comparison, a customer review of the black ones so you can decide which looks better:

Walk, Jog, Run & Sprint In My KSO Vibram Five Fingers - 5 Mile Journey (Part 1) - www.PrimalToad.com
  • Thanks for the videos.  I like the look of the Camo ones.  If I cant find a black pair that fits, I'm definitely going that route.

Something strange with my Black ones.  Size 44 had the Vibram logo on both shoes.  The 45's only have it on one shoe.

That doesn't seem right to me.
  • on 1303485894:

Thanks for the videos.  I like the look of the Camo ones.  If I cant find a black pair that fits, I'm definitely going that route.
    Something strange with my Black ones.  Size 44 had the Vibram logo on both shoes.  The 45's only have it on one shoe.
    That doesn't seem right to me.

It's been already reported in this forum. Both are genuine. It's been speculated that the difference is related to the factory in which have been manufactured.
    This variation also occurs in Classic Smartwool. 2-labeled Smartwool Classics fit snugger than 1-labeled ones.
    According to those who tried KSO with one or two logos they fit different. You can try to find M44 with only one logo or M45 with two. They would probably fit you a bit better, particularly M44 with !1 logo.

As for the black/grey KSOs I've tried to find some more pictures of those 'cause the grey fabric very often looks darker than in this video. The images may have been overexposed since the video was recorded under sunlight. I couldn't find them, I think there were some good pictures taken by some member of this forum.
  • Thanks for trying to find the pics.

I read up on the black ones being tighter, but i didnt realize the logo made a difference as well.

So the ones with one logo are a tad bigger than the ones with 2?

Thats crazy.
  • on 1303488705:

Thanks for trying to find the pics.
    I read up on the black ones being tighter, but i didnt realize the logo made a difference as well.
    So the ones with one logo are a tad bigger than the ones with 2?
    Thats crazy.

In this other thread Hawkeye mentioned such differences in Classics:
    "You're not alone, two label black vffs do not run small, but rather normal/large. It applies to smartwool classics also."
    https://forum.birthdayshoes.com/fivefingers-sizing-and-fit-discussion/m42-black-classic-with-logo-on-both-shoes-seems-bigger

And also about KSOs:
    Was your first pair black ksos too? Black ksos tend to be smaller than other colors (one yellow vibram label). See the thread about it.
    https://forum.birthdayshoes.com/fivefingers-sizing-and-fit-discussion/new-kso-sizing

I think she means a single yellow label in the other colors thus assuming that black KSOs have 2 labels.

[size=12pt]Finally, there's also a rather long thread about KSO sizing differences between colors. Hopefully differences between 1- and 2-labeled designs were also mentioned:
    https://forum.birthdayshoes.com/fivefingers-sizing-and-fit-discussion/kso-sizing-differences-between-colors-(black-maybe-tight)/[/size]

Hope it helps.
  • I really wish they made the black/camo option for women.  It's by far my favorite color scheme for the KSO.
  • I have wide feet and it is always difficult to find shoes that are comfortable, especially when buying them over the internet. Fortunately, these fit the bill quite well from the first wearing when I put them on and breathed a sigh of relief. Nice to know Orthofeet a shoe company I can depend on for future purchases.