FAQs

Hey all you veterans, moderators, administrators, etc., I did a quick search on the site and did not see a topic on this, other than some talk about a wiki answers type deal sometime last year.  I am proposing a FAQ tab or header, appearing at the top of the forums homepage, where newbies can look up info without having to post random questions that have aleady been answered umpteen times over.  I would say once it is established, it should be locked so that it is for reference only and not just another place for the newbies to post new "already been answered" questions.  Anyone have any thoughts on this?  I am betting Justin is too busy these days to take this on, but if anyone else would be interested I think it would be a valuable resource for the forum. 

Comments

• Its the same situation on every internet message board. There will always be people not using search bar, and instead they will just create a new tread. We as members should be posting for them to use the search bar or finding the tread for them then referring them. One of the last boards I was on, a moderator would post use the search bar or the thread and then lock it.
  • on 1309361234:

Its the same situation on every internet message board. There will always be people not using search bar, and instead they will just create a new tread. We as members should be posting for them to use the search bar or finding the tread for them then referring them. One of the last boards I was on, a moderator would post use the search bar or the thread and then lock it.

I agree that this is probably the best way to handle this problem. It's not like it takes more than a minute to use the search bar [for them  ::)] and gather a few relevant threads, post them, then lock the topic.

However, the FAQ section would be nice to have for people who have the tiniest bit of patience to take a look around before posting a one-liner with a question that's been beaten to death. It would definitely be a little bit of work, though.
  • I think that's why Justin made the VFF wiki page.