barefoot safety shoes

I was wondering if anyone knew of a style of safety shoe (steel toe) that is similar to any kind of barefoot shoe.  I must wear safety shoes at work, I value my toes, they have saved them on many ocassions.  But almost all safety shoes have a large heel and are very thick. Is there anything out there more like a minimalist safety shoe, if there even is such a thing. Or would that defeat the purpose of a safety shoe. thanks.

Comments

• My steel toed bates combat boots are thick soled but appear to have a minimal heel to toe drop.  They work for me, and they've got a wide toe box.
  • You could get a leather upper barefoot shoe and then use a steel toe cover over them.  Check out www.oshatoes.com and see if they would work.  I saw them and wondered if the heel might need to be cut out and just left as a strap around the back of the foot/shoe. 
  • I was just about to start a new thread about this topic.

Glad I did a search first.

If I end up needing Steelys I'll be trying this out for size and will let you all know the results.
  • Safety shoes/boots can be specified necessary in work places for a variety of reasons, not just for dropping things onto your feet.  Before you start modifying footwear it might be useful to find out why safety shoes are required - they could be required to combat sharp objects on floor, chemical spills, hot objects, non-absorbent soles etc
  • on 1309892028:

You could get a leather upper barefoot shoe and then use a steel toe cover over them.  Check out www.oshatoes.com and see if they would work.  I saw them and wondered if the heel might need to be cut out and just left as a strap around the back of the foot/shoe.  

The heel just flattens out on the Oshatoes and you don't feel it even in KSO's.  Check to see if your safety department allows them.  Our's does with even old skool Chuck Taylors in them, but banned MY VFF's after almost 3 years...  

We also have a metatarsal requirement in some of our facilities.  I bought a pair of "Welt" constructed I-MET boots and had a local cobbler remove the shank, mid-sole, insole, and re-sole the bottom with a flat 10mm Vibram sole.  They are quite flexible to the point the I-MET will dig in if I bend to far.  If they were regular steel toes you'd be able to fold them in half and twist them into a pretzel.  Check with a local cobbler.  The mods cost me around $60 bucks but they must be of "Welt" (sewn on sole) constuction..
  • Hello, jonny772,

Your looking safety shoes so, I recommend my company & these company safety shoes to make & sell products you should need so, you should try these company products & better quality with more design provide please one time use these company services.
    I share my company site https://indestructibleshoes.com please check the details for safety shoe related.

Thanks!
  • Thanks for the valuable information and insights you have so provided here.
    Superfighters