Vibram FiveFingers Buying Experiences - Online Retailers

edited December 1969 in Buy, Sell, or Trade
Let's hear them:

Bought your VFFs online?  Who was the retailer?  How was the experience? 

Good and bad stories alike, post about them to this thread. 

Full disclosure: it would be a huge boon to this site if I could find an online retailer to partner up with to do some sort of affiliate sales through birthdayshoes.com, so it'd be good to know who a) the cream of the crop is b) who seems to handle a lot of online sales volume with relative ease. 

Comments

• I bought my KSOs from rockcreek.com. I used their new customer coupon code and the shipping was fast and free and no taxes. I'm very happy with them. I bought my camelbaks from them also. They charge tax in TN.

Stay away from ZBsports.com. They take forever and don't believe they have on hand what they sell on their web site.
  • I've had good experiences with SummitHut.com and RockCreek.com. I live 10 miles away from TravelCountry.com's brick and mortar store, so I haven't ordered online, but they ship from there and the staff is very nice and very knowledgeable.
  • Does nobody but me buy directly from the site? I got my black KSO's in under a week with wonderful customer service. I enjoy buying in the most direct fashion possible for all things. If there was a Vibram store, that's where I'd go. But from the Vibram site and in-person at CitySports are my preferred available methods.
  • on 1255628677:

Does nobody but me buy directly from the site? I got my black KSO's in under a week with wonderful customer service. I enjoy buying in the most direct fashion possible for all things. If there was a Vibram store, that's where I'd go. But from the Vibram site and in-person at CitySports are my preferred available methods.

You generally get a better deal from other sites because of coupon codes and free shipping. Also vibram doesn't laways have what I want in stock. Shipping is also faster since TN is closer to TX than MA.
  • on 1255628677:

Does nobody but me buy directly from the site? I got my black KSO's in under a week with wonderful customer service. I enjoy buying in the most direct fashion possible for all things. If there was a Vibram store, that's where I'd go. But from the Vibram site and in-person at CitySports are my preferred available methods.

I've bought a couple pair from Vibram's site as well.
  • Has anyone bought them from REI?  (I'm a member so I've been tempted, but I'd still rather try them on in person if possible, you know?)
  • bought my first pair, KSO's from Vibram's site - had to compromise color that I wanted - they seems to have limited sizes and colors. 

my classics i just got were from zbsports.com and like YHawkeye pointed out they are not reliable - went through them because they were offering free shipping! :) always something that will draw me in....and was then called about a week later and was told that they were to recieve a shipment of VFF's from Vibram later that week and that my order would ship immediately - then i got another call later the next week that said that zbsports didn't recieve the VFF's from Vibram yet but they were guaranteed for that week.  Ugh...finally got them, 3 weeks later. 

Ordered a pair of KSO's for a friend on the same order, still have not recieved those yet! :( need to call and check on that order too....they said that was back ordered until late oct/early nov.  Bummer for my friend...is her first VFF's....she's getting them because I like mine so much and she likes being barefoot too!
  • I've placed orders with CitySports twice and both times they arrived within 3 days.  $5 shipping.
  • on 1255636269:

Has anyone bought them from REI?  (I'm a member so I've been tempted, but I'd still rather try them on in person if possible, you know?)

I saw some VFFS at the REI store in Austin. If you don't like them REI has a good return policy.  :)
  • Hmm.  I wish I could go to an REI in person; there aren't any near me.  :'(

But they do have some VFFs online...  hmm...  ::)
  • on 1255639774:

Hmm. I wish I could go to an REI in person; there aren't any near me.   :'(

But they do have some VFFs online...  hmm...   ::)

Do they offer you free shipping/return shipping as a member?
  • Not that I'm aware of - but I do get a dividend that's a percentage of what I spend on their stuff; at the end of the year they send you a gift certificate/check thingy that you can use to buy more stuff.  Members are also eligible for special sales, reduced rates on in-store rentals, etc.

(I've been a member since like the 1980s... back when I lived near an REI.)
  • Zero problems with Vibram, Summit Hut or Injinji. All easy, accurate transactions.
  • 1st/2nd pair KSOs from Whole Earth Provision b&m.
    Trek's from Summithut.com...great sevice; arrived in 6 days.

I WOULD have bought from REI here in Austin, TX but they only carry black KSOs and some of the sprints and classics (don't know which as I wasn't interested in them).
  • on 1255672481:

1st/2nd pair KSOs from Whole Earth Provision b&m.
    Trek's from Summithut.com...great sevice; arrived in 6 days.

I WOULD have bought from REI here in Austin, TX but they only carry black KSOs and some of the sprints and classics (don't know which as I wasn't interested in them).

Whole Earth provisions is awesome. Bought my husband's KSOs there and they took care of his 2 defective KSOs no questions asked. Nice people and a good selection.
  • For those in Scotland, Advanced MP3 Players has given me a friendly helpful experience. You can ask in advance to try out different sizes at their stall in Ocean Terminal. I think they are struggling to get new stock in untill next year.  :-\
  • I just wanted to iterate that Whole Earth provisions rocks. I got another pair of KSOs (blue camo for me) and the walnut classics for my husband.
  • I got my first pair of khaki/sand/black classics from Kayak Shed.  Free shipping, fast service.

I ordered a pair of black KSOs from TravelCountry.  Good color selection.  Free shipping, fast service, accepted my return with no problem because I couldn't get them on.

I ordered fuschia/gray/lilac sprints from Rock Creek with a coupon code 15% discount.  Free shipping, fast service.

I ordered black Performas and Injinji Performance socks from City Sport with a 15% off new customer discount.  $5 shipping.  Fast service.

I ordered a pair of grey/orange classics and red/black sprints from two different Ebay sellers at a $13 and $31 net discount from retail.

All my VFF are size 37 Womens.

• Wow, Lynn_M, you've gone all out!  :D
  • Rana,

Yes, I've surprised myself, especially since I didn't think I could even wear VFF without being in pain.  Funny how VFF color combinations that I originally thought looked kind of grotesque have grown on me.  I like my outfits to be color coordinated, which sort of demands buying a variety of VFF colors, methinks, since they are so colorful.

Since I can't get into a KSO, I'm now on the hunt for a one size larger black/black classic, so I can wear black performance injinjis with them for freezing weather.  My usual size 37 VFF are too tight with socks.  I've gotten spoiled by the discount codes, but it appears I've run out of those options and will have to pay full retail price.
  • I'm in Australia but I bought my VFFs from Zombie Runner and had them ship it to a friend who was in the USA for a conference.
    I'm sure I had agreed to buy Sprints, and was surprised to get KSOs, but luckily the KSOs fit.
    They were helpful - but a bit vague as they were supposed to be open on a particular day as my friend wanted to go into the store to try a pair on (turns out they weren't open).

Have also emailed Kayak Shed and they seemed pretty helpful - and willing to ship internationally.

• Rana,

I had looked at REI already, but I didn't see any discount opportunites, and they also don't provide free shipping to my home, only to their store.  And I'm 220 miles from their closest store in Denver.  Travel Country, Kayak Shed, and Rock Creek will all ship free, so I'll go with one of them.

And as soon as I order, I bet someone will come up with a discount code.
  • on 1255924948:

Rana,

Yes, I've surprised myself, especially since I didn't think I could even wear VFF without being in pain.  Funny how VFF color combinations that I originally thought looked kind of grotesque have grown on me.  I like my outfits to be color coordinated, which sort of demands buying a variety of VFF colors, methinks, since they are so colorful.

Since I can't get into a KSO, I'm now on the hunt for a one size larger black/black classic, so I can wear black performance injinjis with them for freezing weather.  My usual size 37 VFF are too tight with socks.  I've gotten spoiled by the discount codes, but it appears I've run out of those options and will have to pay full retail price.

Lynn M,

If you are looking for a Classic W38 in BLK / BLK / BLK, give us a call at 757.227.6757 and any of our GSS associates will be happy to help you out. I just checked and we have W38's x 2 on the shelf. Mention the forum and you will receive 20% off of the MSRP. Not sure if you are in need of injinjis, let us know as we also carry them (I didn't check stock for the black performance socks).

Rob
    GSS GEAR and CrossFit
  • on 1256099324:

on 1255924948:

Rana,

Lynn M,

If you are looking for a Classic W38 in BLK / BLK / BLK, give us a call at 757.227.6757 and any of our GSS associates will be happy to help you out. I just checked and we have W38's x 2 on the shelf. Mention the forum and you will receive 20% off of the MSRP. Not sure if you are in need of injinjis, let us know as we also carry them (I didn't check stock for the black performance socks).

Rob
    GSS GEAR and CrossFit

What do you charge for US shipping (lower 48 states)?