thinnest insoles?

Does anyone have a sugestion for super thin insoles?  I want to improve the ground feel of my Inov8s.  I have thew 6 and 3 mm insoles, but the shoes are much better without them.  The problem is the seams will be pretty uncomfortable wihtout them.  DOes anyone have an idea for anything thinner?

Comments

• Check the Chuck Taylor slims thread or ask Bango Skank what kind of insoles he put in his shoes.
  • I don't think you're going to find anything thinner available commercially. If you can't find something I have some material that is 1.5mm thick and firm so it won't compress.
  • So what are you using?  Every search for "insoles" turns up orthotoics, the 100% opposite of what I want.  I keep looking on my old soccer shoes to see if I can find something and I did in my adidas, but they are too short and don't fit.  If you found something, I'd like to know what it is.
  • on 1271348398:

Me, having to customize, found a replacement in-sole for my Chuck's: http://www.amazon.com/Pedag-Luxurious-Resistant-Perforated-Womens/dp/B002ZNKEY2
    It's basically just like a piece of felt (which is another alternative I suppose) with rubber on one side, only 3mm thickness total, and lined with angora rabbit hair.

Oh man... they breathe much, much better and are way more comfortable.  They really feel like I'm walking around in slippers now.  Or on moss!  lol.  I really like the softness of each step... especially after my feet get pounded all day long wearing my Vibe's on hard surfaces, it's nice to give them a break.

Also ordered some new laces from here:  http://chucksconnection.com/buy-classic-shoelaces-for-chucks.html  But the shortest they carry is still only 45" long, the same as with traditional Chuck's laces.

These slim oxford's are the best!!!  :D

this is the thread I was talking about.
  • on 1312675233:

So what are you using?  Every search for "insoles" turns up orthotoics, the 100% opposite of what I want.   I keep looking on my old soccer shoes to see if I can find something and I did in my adidas, but they are too short and don't fit.  If you found something, I'd like to know what it is.

I make foot orthotics and this material is used in fabrication. It's a high density EVA that comes in sheets and used for top/bottom covers. It's very durable and long lasting. I can sell you a 12"x8" piece. PM me if your interested.
  • You can try full length gel insoles of Envelop brand. They are best of all. More product like Footwear Laces, Insole & Accessories are on our website. Just click on to my link mentioned above, feel free to visit.