Stupid question..

Hello,

This may seem like a silly question - I am planning to buy a pair of KSOs each, for myself and my husband. I already have unusually wide feet (probably due to years of running around barefoot), and I find it difficult wearing normal boots or shoes, as the width always falls short. My concern is - will wearing these "barefoot" shoes for running cause my feet to splay further? Will my feet get wider (I'm 30 years old, so unsure if there will be any changes to my anatomy after this age)? Just wondering if any veteran users of these "shoes" have noticed a change of width of their feet? I just want to make sure before I purchase these, so I don't end up with extra wide feet and have to stare longingly at those sexy dress shoes *sigh*. Any help will really be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• I wouldn't think your feet would get even wider if they've already widened from going barefoot. I guess it depends on what you're wearing daily and how much you will use your VFFs. When I went to zero drop shoes with a wide toe box, my feet did get wider. After that I switched to VFFs for 99% of my footwear (at least this time of year). I didn't notice and further widening of my feet when going to VFFs.
  • The reason most people's feet change is because it is the first time they are going out "barefoot"  Since you already due this regularly, you will not see the kind of change many members see.
  • on 1331319524:

The reason most people's feet change is because it is the first time they are going out "barefoot"  Since you already due this regularly, you will not see the kind of change many members see.

agreed.  Your feet don't just keep getting wider; they reach their natural splayed state and then stop.  Sounds like you're already there.
  • Thanks, all. All the above responses really cheered me up! I fell in love with the KSOs but I held back from buying them due to this concern. Hope to be a proud owner in a week's time!  ;D

Thanks again.
  • Wow, how wide are your feet? Can you post a picture of your feet?