I need the forums help

Hello all,

so while I love my VFF and LEMings I have a minor issue which has to do with pant length. they drag under my heals, I found the great idea on the forum boards of using the S-biner clip to keep them up and it's a great idea BUT my warehouse has security, we walk through metal detectors before getting to the warehouse floor. I spend my whole work day on the warehouse floor, but I go through security for meetings and lunch and assorted things all day long and yes, it does pick up the S-Biners if you have them on you when you walk through the metal detectors, I've tried already.

My question is does anyone know of a plastic substitute for the S-Biner that I can use in place of the metal one at work? I have yet to find a replacement...

Comments

• http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/nite_ize_plastic_s_biner_2.html

they should be no more reactive than a paper clip.  Or if you can find them and are willing to shell out the money, Vivobarefoot has/had a product called the trip clip.  elastic cord around the ankle with a pants clip on the back.
  • I just received my trip clips in the mail yesterday, so this is perfect timing.  I wore them immediately and must say they work great as long as you are wearing a model shoe with laces.  You need somewhere to tuck the front tab to hold them in place.  I wore them yesterday with my Speeds and today with my Stems and so far I have zero complaints.  They are a little spendy.  I paid $15 plus another $8 in shipping.  I am glad that I bit on them, as they do a great job keeping my pants up off the ground.  On a side note, they come in a package that is made to look like a pack of cigarettes.  It just struck me as funny. 
  • If you are interested, you had better hurry.  Usually the website is sold out.  I see they have lime green ones left is all.  When I ordered mine I got what they are calling orange, which is actually a goldenrod yellow and matched the yellow Vibram logo perfectly.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/ladies.html?pg=4&type_product=42%252F-91&lcolor=194-221

• Mr Leigh, What color did you get?  I could not, for the life of me, figure out why they chose neon yellow and neon green instead of clear.
  • I got the orange-yellow.  I guess after further searching that color option is still available as well.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/ladies/trip-clip.html

• on 1332250406:

Mr Leigh, What color did you get?  I could not, for the life of me, figure out why they chose neon yellow and neon green instead of clear.

I completely agree.  I would have liked to see a black or even a navy blue, something a little more discreet so that it would blend in with the jeans.  That is why I went with the yellow orange, so at least it matched the Vibram logo.  The lime green would really stick out IMHO.
  • These were briefly discussed and apparently dismissed in this thread.  I actually an a fan of them, pricey as they may be. 

https://forum.birthdayshoes.com/birthdayshoes-com-general-discussion/pants-with-vff-kso/

• I actually did what the workaround was.  I took a couple pieces of string.  Made a loop on one end, attached a small binder clip to the loop and used a slip knot to tie them around my ankle. 
  • Here is a pic of the yellow clip.

tripclip.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tripclip.png

• on 1332252570:

I actually did what the workaround was.  I took a couple pieces of string.  Made a loop on one end, attached a small binder clip to the loop and used a slip knot to tie them around my ankle. 

I am not a fan of the s binder clips, so I am dreaming up my own idea, similar to the trip clip, but with a different attachment method.  I think a tie or a bungee with an adjuster or something would be good.  The only drawback to the trip clip is that it needs to fasten under the laces on the shoes.  Not an option if I wear classics. 
  • on 1332253836:

on 1332252570:

I actually did what the workaround was.  I took a couple pieces of string.  Made a loop on one end, attached a small binder clip to the loop and used a slip knot to tie them around my ankle. 

I am not a fan of the s binder clips, so I am dreaming up my own idea, similar to the trip clip, but with a different attachment method.  I think a tie or a bungee with an adjuster or something would be good.  The only drawback to the trip clip is that it needs to fasten under the laces on the shoes.  Not an option if I wear classics. 

Well I have s-biner clips, but I also did the workaround with paper binder clips with string for models that don't have a loop in the back.
  • I knew I came to the right group of people

now...how did I not find the plastic ones (google has let me down)

I am greatly appreciative for all the help
  • I previously attached two links.  Here is one to the yellow clips.  Lime green is also available.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/ladies.html?pg=4&type_product=42%252F-91&lcolor=194-221
  • They ship out of New York.  I am in Minnesota.  I ordered mine on 3/13 and got them yesterday 3/19. 
  • I admire the dedication you guys have to find a solution and a better clip option, but as someone who wears high heels, I have long pants, so when I wear my Vff's... I just roll my pants up... why bother with an annoying clip thingy??  ???
  • on 1332263443:

I admire the dedication you guys have to find a solution and a better clip option, but as someone who wears high heels, I have long pants, so when I wear my Vff's... I just roll my pants up... why bother with an annoying clip thingy??  ???

Personally... I hate the look of rolling up my pants plus, my jeans are baggy enough that they barely stay anyway.  IMO, the clip, or string, or s-biner is about 1000 times less annoying than dealing with rolled up jeans
  • They must be quite a lot baggier than mine then, cause I don't even notice mine rolled up. I guess it's a girl thing, being able to roll them up, I don't think my BF would want to roll his up either (although his aren't even baggy) for some obscure reason. He won't even try on Vff's so forget rolling up the pants... http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/barefoot-sports/traveling.htm The guy on the left looks pretty stylish to me (the girl too, that picture made me buy my first Classics in Stormy Sea), however I can't wait to see what you come up with to avoid this issue...
  • My pants unroll as well.  Too baggy in the leg to stay rolled and also look ridiculous in my opinion.  The Trip Clip is somewhat discreet.  I am going to try to fashion my own tonight with mitten clips (think suspenders), elastic cord and cord stops.  I think I have nearly everything I need already, minus the mitten clips.  A 2 pack is under $3 at Jo-Ann fabric.  I will see if I can accomplish this tonight and if so I will post pics tomorrow.
  • mitten clips sounds like a good idea.  that just might work.  I would probably go with string over elastic.  you could measure your ankle and put a loop at either end.  think something that looks like O
    O and then you could hook the loop onto the mitten clip before hooking to your jeans. 
  • I am thinking the elastic goes through the mitten clip and then back around to the front/top of my foot where it is fed through a cord stop.  It has all come together in my head, I just need to bring it to fruition tonight.  I will post pics tomorrow, providing my local store has the mitten clips. 
  • Has anyone ever tried these?

https://www.buystylesnaps.com/

Cheesy looking, but they might get the job done.

As seen on tv stuff can be hit or miss, but I like that someone invented something for this very problem.

• For a very minimal investment, I made two sets.  My local store only had white elastic cord.  It was 79 cents a yard and I got two yards.  I cut each yard into two 18 inch pieces.  The mitten/suspender clips were $2.99 per 2 pack.  The cord stops were between $2.49 and $2.79 for two depending on which style you purchased.  I actually already had some so I utilized what I had, however if I had purchased them my total cost per pair of these is between $6.27 and $6.57.  Here are pics of the results.  One set I left the mitten clips unaltered and for the other set I snipped the loops and bent the metal away.  On the set with the altered clips, there is nowhere to thread the elastic through so it sits inside the clip with the hem of the pants.

Altered clips

alteredclip.jpg

Unaltered clips

unalteredclip.jpg

• Looks pretty damn good!  18" though?  that seems a bit big for an ankle.  How do they feel wearing them?
  • Honestly I cut them at 18 inches for easy figuring and they are actually not that much larger than the Trip Clip.  When I pull the bungee tight so the stopper is holding it, I only have about 2 inches of cord in the front, which is completely hidden under my pants.  They actually feel better than the Trip Clip surprisingly.  The Trip Clip would dig into my ankle.  I might have had them a little snug though due to where I had to slip the rubber piece under the laces.

tabwb.jpg