Boston concept store

I took my family into the new concept store in Boston today.  I was very impressed. We stopped in to get my 10 yr old boy sized.  He's been asking for a pair since Christmas.  He was sized, and actually it was suggested that he get a women's size 36 instead of the kids models.  He tried a pair of Komodos on, and loved them.  The store has all sorts of "terrain" built into the floor from natural to man made.  They also have a climbing area with a section of logs and rocks.  We didn't get them since they didn't have the women's black and gold style in that size.  All the way home he kept asking when we could order them.  I guess he's sold since wearing them.  The staff was great and very knowledgeable.  They were all active VFF wearers, which isn't ever the case where I've purchased them before.  I find it hard to take any advice from sales staff that hasn't worn them.  A great experience in there. 

Comments

• Thanks for sharing.  I hope the store catches on and Vibram launches more of them.
  • I will be stopping by there this summer, and I am so excited -- just had to share.
  • Thats very cool! Sounds like a great store. I hope they open more places like that (i would kill to work in one)! That part about having different terrain and obstacles built into the floor sounded awesome! I love when i go into places and clearly know more about the shoes then they do. Of course I dont just tell them at first for no reason. But when i know exactly what size I want, and get them on in seconds the sales person usually asks if I have tried them on before or if I have them. I say yes and they stop giving me the usual sales person spiel. I was actually quite surprised when I went into a NB store to try on some MT10s to replace my old shoes and without even thinking about it I took off my socks off and went to put my foot in bare foot he asked if i usually wear Vibrams. Now that is a sales guy who knows the market.
  • I think the sales person recognized the VFF funk the minute you took off your socks.  ;D ;D ;D
  • Another thing I forgot to mention is that they sell no KSOs in the store.  They have all the newer models/styles, but not many of the old styles.  I found that weird, but I suppose for space issues this is probably necessary.
  • I noted this quote -  "The shop will also be selling Vibram models previously exclusive to Europe"  which should please a couple of folk on here  :) - wonder if they are at European prices
  • on 1335227502:

Thats very cool! Sounds like a great store. I hope they open more places like that (i would kill to work in one)!

Nows your chance :  http://www.linkedin.com/jobs/jobs-Assistant-Store-Manager-2832314

• on 1335266945:

on 1335227502:

Thats very cool! Sounds like a great store. I hope they open more places like that (i would kill to work in one)!

Nows your chance :  http://www.linkedin.com/jobs/jobs-Assistant-Store-Manager-2832314

The one thing I don't like is that it does not say a Vibram enthusiast.  In my opinion, if you are working in that kind of store, you should and need to be an enthusiast for the merchandise.  I suppose they aren't limiting themselves to just VFF's in the store, but I would imagine that it is going to be the highlight.  If I walked into the store and the manager was dressed like an accountant (me in my everyday life) I would be turned off.
  • on 1335276646:
    If I walked into the store and the manager was dressed like an accountant (me in my everyday life) I would be turned off.

How about an accountant, but wearing VFFs?
  • on 1335276830:

on 1335276646:
    If I walked into the store and the manager was dressed like an accountant (me in my everyday life) I would be turned off.

How about an accountant, but wearing VFFs?

Well I like that guy...I get to see him every Friday, Saturday, Sunday when I look in the mirror.  ;D