Vibram Insole Needs Repair

Ok so my dog got one of my vibrams again, and started going at the insole inside the shoe. Half of the second toe is missing, and the whole pinky toe is now missing. Is there a replacement insole i can buy anywhere that would fit this? Or is there any kind of repair I can do to fix this?

Before you ask no I do not have the pieces/

Comments

• Maybe you could fashion a piece of moleskin to fill in the missing pieces.
  • I, myself, would just buy a new pair and try to keep them away from my dog. I couldnt imagine trying to run in my VFF's with some toes missing haha.
  • on 1336101158:

I, myself, would just buy a new pair and try to keep them away from my dog. I couldnt imagine trying to run in my VFF's with some toes missing haha.

I guess I assumed silentscope meant that half of the insole was missing from the toe pocket, not the actual toe itself being missing.  Maybe he/she will elaborate.
  • on 1336139883:

on 1336101158:

I, myself, would just buy a new pair and try to keep them away from my dog. I couldnt imagine trying to run in my VFF's with some toes missing haha.

I guess I assumed silentscope meant that half of the insole was missing from the toe pocket, not the actual toe itself being missing.  Maybe he/she will elaborate.

You are correct, the insole that comes out from the komono sport ls. The actual toe is fine, but the insole like you find in a regular shoe the pinky toe has been bitten off, and half the 2nd toe is missing. Is there anyway i can repair it?
  • I would say go ahead and give the moleskin idea a try. If it works, it will definitely be an inexpensive fix!
  • If the model is KomodoSport, I called the Vibram Store in Boston and they sent me some replacements for free. Try calling them.
  • You didn't claim the Komodo, you should do a Cesar Milan.
  • on 1342079030:

You didn't claim the Komodo, you should do a Cesar Milan.

LOL  ;D
  • As for replacement insoles that are minimalist, my wife came home from a spa with some super flimsy "disposable" flip-flops.  Before she tossed them, I cut them into insoles for my Bikila LS that have insoles that are starting to wear down and get holes that rub when I run.  This not only fixes my need to fully cover the insole but also keeps my Bikilas minimal.  Komodo inserts would be thicker than what I was able to rig up.
  • I have been looking and trying on and wearing shoes that were “good for heel pain”, well, they were not. Then I found Orthofeet! Simply the most amazing shoes I have ever worn. Heel pain shoe is perfect for my job, they look and feel great. The most comfortable shoe ever. I have been in severe pain with all other shoes.