Release date for Bikilas/Speeds?

Any word yet on when the Spring 2010 line goes on sale? I'm starting to think my KSOs need replacing and am wondering if I can hold out 'til the Bikilas are available.

Comments

• How long have you had your KSOs?
  • have had them since the summer. they're holding up fine under pretty regular usage, but since I've been wearing them for both active and casual purposes, I'm thinking an additional pair would be dedicated to running/exercise.
    Rather than "replacing," I should say "supplementing."

Does the forum community think March would be a ballpark safe guess for the availability of the Bikilas? That's when the Terra Plana Evos are coming out and I'm sure Vibram is keenly aware of the impending competition...
  • on 1260080326:

have had them since the summer. they're holding up fine under pretty regular usage, but since I've been wearing them for both active and casual purposes, I'm thinking an additional pair would be dedicated to running/exercise.
    Rather than "replacing," I should say "supplementing."

Does the forum community think March would be a ballpark safe guess for the availability of the Bikilas? That's when the Terra Plana Evos are coming out and I'm sure Vibram is keenly aware of the impending competition...

I think late February or something if when they'll be shipping (impression I got from GSSGear), but not definate about that. March sounds like a good guess, but who knows.  ???
  • If it's February, my personal guess is that it would be like going to buy a video-game at 11:59 on a Thursday. I'm thinking it will be March before anyone on here had a pair.
  • on 1260124807:

If it's February, my personal guess is that it would be like going to buy a video-game at 11:59 on a Thursday. I'm thinking it will be March before anyone on here had a pair.

^^ Except maybe me, because I'll be unpacking mine the moment the shipment rolls off the truck! :D
  • and Justin who will most likely get them before they're even released in stores
  • not saying i'm not looking forward to the Bikilas/Speeds - i am - but right now i wanna get myself another pair o treks, i am also looking at black camo kso's and also some feelmax (i want a nice minimalist alt that i can wear to work without attracting so much attention)
  • on 1260201504:

not saying i'm not looking forward to the Bikilas/Speeds - i am - but right now i wanna get myself another pair o treks, i am also looking at black camo kso's and also some feelmax (i want a nice minimalist alt that i can wear to work without attracting so much attention)

have you checked into vivo bareoot as well?
  • on 1260084157:

I think late February or something if when they'll be shipping (impression I got from GSSGear), but not definate about that. March sounds like a good guess, but who knows.  ???

I heard February, too. There's a store that carries them right across from my work and I plan on stopping by every day that month.  :)
  • Last I heard was February, but I could see it not being until March .... time will tell!
  • After 6mo and ~500mi my KSO's finally wore through under the balls of my feet.  A problem which the Bikila's seem to solve by adding a bit more padding exactly there.  Can't wait for them to come out!  Wish I could pre-order.

4282245717_3194c9f531.jpg
  • we need more bikila hype - are you going to krazy glue that hole - probably give you some more milage
  • Yeah, given what appears to be the local nature of that wear, I'd be tempted to patch that and squeeze a few more miles out of them.

Or at least keep them for kicking around...
  • I've got to say im pretty angry the speeds are only being released in Europe. I want a pair of those really bad but no way im going to buy them from a European retailer and pay double (maybe we can get another petition going?). OT march is what Ive heard.
  • mmm...the speeds dont really have my attention anyhow - i mean - if you gave me a pair for free i would gladly say thank you and probably dig em plenty - but as of now they need to get in line behind:

(my wish list)

-bikilas
    -another pair of black treks (have brown)
    -black cam ksos
    -terra plana evos
    -terra plana aquas (for casual wear - loving my 2 pair dharmas)

the reality is i dont NEED any of the above with 3 pair kso, 1 trek, 2 dharmas already in the closet (did i mention my wife is ready to kill me)
    but i do think i will get the bikilas for sure (curious mostly and they look so dang cool - cause my kso already do their job very well)
    also i do want a back up pair of treks for the rotation - they are also my fav vff to date
  • Marley, I'm surprised your wife hasn't killed you yet. I thought you said she was angry 3 KSOs and a pair of treks ago. Now with Vivo barefoot shoes and upcoming bikilas, treks, and more KSO, perhaps you should save your money for a lawyer. ;)

With all your VFFs, how many does your wife have? You should get her hooked too.
  • on 1263836218:
    are you going to krazy glue that hole - probably give you some more milage

and

on 1263844798:

Yeah, given what appears to be the local nature of that wear, I'd be tempted to patch that and squeeze a few more miles out of them.  Or at least keep them for kicking around...

What material would you suggest using for a patch without adding material that would cause abrasions?  Would you add it inside or outside?

Part of the stitching in my right foot already rubs and cuts the top of my right foot which I have to bandage before every run or wear Injinji's.  I am totally open, and excited about reviving my KSO's until the Bikilas arrive, but don't want to add another abrasion area if possible.
  • on 1263869958:

What material would you suggest using for a patch without adding material that would cause abrasions?  Would you add it inside or outside?

Here's one idea from Barefoot Ted:

http://barefootted.com/2008/06/fivefingers-as-skateboard-shoe.html
  • on 1263867257:

Marley, I'm surprised your wife hasn't killed you yet. I thought you said she was angry 3 KSOs and a pair of treks ago. Now with Vivo barefoot shoes and upcoming bikilas, treks, and more KSO, perhaps you should save your money for a lawyer. ;)

With all your VFFs, how many does your wife have? You should get her hooked too.

i wish - she wont drink the juice though - i would love to see her in some classics

i have yet to convert anyone but still trying

she wont kill me though - then she'll have to fend off our 3 children by herself  ;)(ages 7,4,2)
  • on 1263925592:

That's a great idea, I found something along the same lines at DSW. I haven't tried them yet as the snow is preventing any VFF usage. Go away snow!

• Since we were getting close to the originally quoted release date (Feb 2010) I contacted my most reliable store. Bad news guys. See below for their response to the release date.

"We were told by Vibram a month or so ago not to expect the Bikila to be released until April 1.  It's original date was 2/1, so if they beat their 4/1 date, we'll let you know.

Thanks for your interest,

Ben Bartley
    Indiana Running Company
    121 N College Ave
    Bloomington, IN 47404"

I'm really bummed out now. I was chopping at the bit to get these in the next few days.  :(
  • I'm hoping Vibram is hedging their bets on those dates.  I seem to recall thinking that Treks wouldn't be out until October -- that originally they said September but pushed back to October.  Then they came out in September.

But alas, we just gotta wait and see ...
  • Come on Vibram... you can do it! Release the Bikilas!