Dating

Does anyone have any ideas on how to meet women to share the barefoot lifestyle with? I'm a barefooter looking for a barefooter. Thanks in advance

Comments

• My wife frowns upon me dating.

Kev,

I have not ever heard of anything that fills this particular niche.  Maybe you could be the next founder of a dating website and provide the place for like minded minimalist footwear fans to connect.  I highly recommend the site be named "Sole mates".  LOL
  • on 1363275007:

My wife frowns upon me dating.

:D :D Thanks for making me smile yet again Mr Leigh!
  • Maybe right here..........lol

Sole to sole works perfectly. I'm an older guy (though my brain is ridiculously young) and when I was growing up people living barefoot could be found just about anywhere. Not so much any more.

Thanks
  • on 1363299909:

Maybe right here..........lol

Sole to sole works perfectly. I'm an older guy (though my brain is ridiculously young) and when I was growing up people living barefoot could be found just about anywhere. Not so much any more.

Thanks

Didn't the non-barefooters call them Hippies?  LOL
  • I do love the hippie chicks for sure. Lol
  • on 1363362992:

I do love the hippie chicks for sure. Lol

Chicks are baby hens - call a woman a 'chick' over here and you would be going home alone  ;) :)
  • on 1363373903:

on 1363362992:

Chicks are baby hens - call a woman a 'chick' over here and you would be going home alone   ;) :)

A-ya comin' hame-a me, hen? ;)
  • on 1363386438:

on 1363373903:

on 1363362992:

Chicks are baby hens - call a woman a 'chick' over here and you would be going home alone   ;) :)

Cant say I understand Yorkie-speak, so not sure our friends across the pond will - please re-post in some form of Engerlish if possible  ;)  ;)
  • on 1363392541:

on 1363386438:

Cant say I understand Yorkie-speak, so not sure our friends across the pond will - please re-post in some form of Engerlish if possible  ;)  ;)

Ye cannae understand Weegie? (I've been watching far too many Still Games and Chewin the Fats.)

And anyway, I'm a Lankie, not a Yorkie. "Tha's toddlin wom wi' me, lass?"
  • on 1363392927:

on 1363392541:

on 1363386438:

(1) Ye cannae understand Weegie? (I've been watching far too many Still Games and Chewin the Fats.)

(2) And anyway, I'm a Lankie, not a Yorkie. "Tha's toddlin wom wi' me, lass?"

(1) nah never understood anything I've ever said
    (2) known on other sites as a 'Whooooooosh' moment - are you Boaby in disguise ??  ;)
  • I guess this post is blown to smithereens, LOL. I hope no one is offended by "smithereens".

Now I'm off to find some chicks.
  • on 1363435178:

on 1363392927:

on 1363392541:

on 1363386438:

(1) Ye cannae understand Weegie? (I've been watching far too many Still Games and Chewin the Fats.)

(2) And anyway, I'm a Lankie, not a Yorkie. "Tha's toddlin wom wi' me, lass?"

(1) nah never understood anything I've ever said
    (2) known on other sites as a 'Whooooooosh' moment - are you Boaby in disguise ??  ;)

In plain English... as if I needed to spell it out... "Do you wish to visit my domicile, fair lady?"

(Oh my! When you're in a hole, stop digging, etc. etc.)
  • I don't even know what you all are talking about anymore, but it's still pretty entertaining!  :D
  • Theres the dating site 'Fitness Singles'....might be able to find someone
  • on 1363442879:

I guess this post is blown to smithereens, LOL. I hope no one is offended by "smithereens".

Now I'm off to find some chicks.

It will soon be Easter and "chicks" will be plentiful.
  • Hippy chicks isn't a term I would ever really use. I should have used italics as a reference to the 60's. But it is fun for sure, esp the slang language that i don't understand.

It reminds me of Oceans 11 when the character says that they're in Barney

At any rate thanks for the entertainment and advice.
  • Kev,

Sorry to have seemingly derailed your thread post.  Hopefully someone will chime in and get this back on topic. 
  • If you are that chick who wears her VFF as casual as she does her sex, holla at me boo.

ps. bring your girl friend too, VFF not required.  
  • Kev,

Considering the male to female ratio of current BDS members is 3.6 to 1, you might have to look elsewhere to meet women.
  • I would look for a meet up group. I know there is a barefoot runners group right here in DC. Obviously the closer you are to a more metropolitan area makes it more opportune to find groups that you fit into. You can also START a barefooters group, or some kind of natural "green" people type group and just start out making friends and see what happens.  Obviously its a tougher niche to get into.  I'm a more "crunchy mama" type and through the world of cloth diapering, green living, etc I have met many more natural earthy type people. In message boards I've found people talking about barefooting and years ago I had NO idea what it meant and thought it was silly that people would walk around barefoot in public.  But, as time went on, I began to understand that it was a lifestyle and not just people posting about walking around w/o shoes.

So that's my suggestion- try to find groups of just general nature oriented like minded people and chances are, within those bigger groups, you will find people who are either into the barefoot life style too or at least open to it.

good luck meeting your barefoot Ms. Right!
  • "I highly recommend the site be named "Sole mates". "

Lol! This made me chuckle. :)