Barefoot shoes for cricket and lawn bowls

edited December 1969 in Barefoot(ish) Activities
Hello
I only walk in my barefoot shoes - mainly Vivos, but also Merrell and a VFF Bormio for that posh night out when you really want to embarrass your partner - chill out, no one's taking any notice of me! - only walk, because the shock from running, which would help strengthen my core muscles and improve my lumbar fitness, can, unpredictably, make my back very unhappy.
I have unretired for about the fourth time to play cricket (dangerous for my back, but I do like to be contrary from time to time) and was wondering if anyone has any experience of playing cricket in barefoot shoes? Perhaps some of the golf shoes might work? I am not financially well disposed enough  to do the obvious thing and just buy a pair to try.
And taking the activity level down to almost cryogenic stasis (any shoes for that yet?) - I've just joined a lawn bowls club and it turns out that when they say shoes must be flat, they mean flat and no grip - not my idea of how to be safe, but the lawn's health takes priority over people's. Can anyone think of any very/totally flat barefoots that have no, or virtually no grip pattern?
Cheers
Ian

Comments

• on 1372745760:

Can anyone think of any very/totally flat barefoots that have no, or virtually no grip pattern?

Classics, KSO and Sprints come to mind.
  • Vivobarefoot Evos