Toe and Ball of Foot Pain

When walking or running in my VFF's, I have some pain in my toes and the ball of my foot. The pain gets more severe the more that I walk. Eventually, the pain becomes so unbearable that, eventually, I have to stop walking and sit down for a while. By the way, I had developed painful callouses on both of my big toes about two months ago, and they really hurt when I walked. I think that the callouses might have spread to some of my other toes and the ball of my foot. What can I do?

I have painful callouses on my big toes, and callouses on my heels that aren't painful. I have pain on the balls of my feet that feels identical to the pain caused by the callouses on my big toes, but I haven't yet noticed any callouses there. So what the heck is going on with my feet, and what can I do to get rid of the pain?

Comments

• If the pain is in the ball of the foot, it might be metatarsalgia.  I got that in 2010 from doing too much too soon.  Mine went away after taking a two week break from running.  After that, I slowly got back into VFF running.  By slowly, I was walking in VFFs once a week only and then adding a low mileage, easy VFF run once week.
  • on 1378866985:

If the pain is in the ball of the foot, it might be metatarsalgia.   I got that in 2010 from doing too much too soon.  Mine went away after taking a two week break from running.  After that, I slowly got back into VFF running.  By slowly, I was walking in VFFs once a week only and then adding a low mileage, easy VFF run once week.

But I wasn't even running! Is it possible to get metatarsalgia from just walking? Also, the tip of the big toe on my left foot is numb.

• But I wasn't even running! Is it possible to get metatarsalgia from just walking? Also, the tip of the big toe on my left foot is numb.
    [/quote]

Yes. In my case, I had it all my life just for walking and on regular shoes. In my case it's in the SECOND METATARSAL HEAD, becasue I have Morton's Toe (The first metatarsal is shorter than the second, and the preasure falls in the second metatrsal.)

BUT the last year I have been using Five Strips of Kineiso Tape under the head of the first metatarsal and the pain is gone. Look at my post here: https://forum.birthdayshoes.com/birthdayshoes-com-general-discussion/simple-solution-for-morton's-toe-foot-pain!/
  • But what about the toe numbness?

Also, the pain is on the bottom of my foot. I feel it whenever I'm walking, and it gets worse the more I walk. However, I don't feel it that much if I'm not walking. It feels like a burning sensation.
  • I have diabetes, wide feet, and flat arches. This dilemma has put me on a lifelong quest for a truly comfortable shoe. My quest has ended at last ! Orthofeet shoes are remarkable! After a full day on my feet, it's like I haven't even had shoes on! My feet have never been happier!