Size Difference Between Men's and Women's VFFs?

As a dude, some of the colors of the various shoes are kind of lame.  In my opinion.
Yet the shoes for the girls are sometimes way nicer, often brighter.

So my question, if I wear a size 42 mens, will a 42 women's fit just as well, or are there differences I need to be aware of?
Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Comments

• Yes there is a difference..  Here is a link to a size chart....

http://www.trail-sports.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/Vibram_sizechart.gif
  • Also the women's sizes tend to be narrower. I know at least one lady (sablewings) who buys mens sizes because of width problems.
  • Thanks guys, much appreciated!
  • How much is the difference lengthwise? I've ordered a W42 Spyridon mr which is too short and I wonder how much the M42 is longer or should I get M43? Or somehow lengthen the big toe a bit? On the right foot it's almost perfect, it hurts a bit just on the left.
    OR maybe i should keep it and somehow break it in (maybe put something inside overnight?)
  • on 1461403842:

How much is the difference lengthwise? I've ordered a W42 Spyridon mr which is too short and I wonder how much the M42 is longer or should I get M43? Or somehow lengthen the big toe a bit? On the right foot it's almost perfect, it hurts a bit just on the left.
    OR maybe i should keep it and somehow break it in (maybe put something inside overnight?)

M41 would be the size in between a W42 and M42.  Reference the chart in the link above.  The lengths have not changed, styles still vary slightly in their fit.  They should not hurt.
  • It's strange that my w42 bikilas are just perfect and really longer than these w42 spyridon MRs. I've managed to make it not hurting in one day, bit it's still really tight. I've tried to strech the big toe overnight with a hairbrush and other things inside. Also a hair drier to warm up the rubber and it seems that it's slowly getting longer :) the bikila is still some mm's longer but i think this will be a good shoe once it loosen a bit (which i hope) and it need some more streching too. I also have an M41 Kso which is the very same size as this w42 bikilas also needs streching :D it's maybe a little bit wider than the w42 spyridon mr but the length is the same.
    I thing these spyridon mr's runs smaller.

Aaha, now i see that size chart and on that, the Spyridons really run 1 size smaller :o the chart on the vibram site is different :o (http://us.vibram.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-VibramUS-Library/default/dwc35ecf5e/images/Vibram_AdultSizingChart_Update.png)