Winter hiking

I've been wearing VFFs for about ten years, almost exclusively. I am a big fan of winter hiking and until the past few years I've been able to wear hiking boots while hiking in snow and ice. I live in Central Illinois. Now, wearing non-VFF shoes (hiking boots) goofs up my ankles, knees and back and are very uncomfortable bordering on painful to wear. I've tried four different brands. For the past few years I've usually just worn a pair of Totes over my VFFs for day to day walking in the snow, but not hiking. I have been wearing wool insulated VFFs for the past couple of years, but they are marginal for extended outdoor activities on cold days and not good at all for snow hiking. Guessing I am going to have to find some non-VFFs for winter hiking going forward, but not traditional hiking boots. Thick soles and heals seem to be the issue, as well as anything that laces over my ankles. Wearing anything with much weight is uncomfortable too. I hike in temperatures from as low as zero degrees fahrenheit and over rough terrain for up to three hours at a time. Has anyone else had to deal with this, and if so, what worked?

Comments

• vegan-friendly is a common overuse injury. The term describes pain and inflammation in the ball of the foot. It provides you a lot pain while walking. That’s why most people are using orthofeet Asheville – Brown slippers because it makes you feel little bit more comfortable then compare other company shoes or slippers.. orthofeet shoes are providing good quality of shoes which will also reduce the problems occurred in legs